2008 GP2 Car

Posted by iCeMaN pAuL 
Re: 2008 GP2 Car
Date: July 01, 2007 11:57AM
Posted by: Peat
On the topic of his head being so close to hitting the wall......

maybe 10 years ago now, a guy in an F3000 race got a launch off someone coming into the hairpin. The car starting grinding along the inside wall in much the same fashion, but as the wall turned back on itself, his head took the brunt of the impact. Needless to say he was dead as a dodo at the scene.

EDIT: It was Marco Campos in 1995. There is a video floating around on youtube, which im not going to be posting..

Viso is so lucky its unbelievable. And the tun being in 2 pieces makes it hard to comprehend that he hasn't broken anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2007 12:09PM by Peat.
Date: July 01, 2007 12:39PM
Posted by: oliver_33
If I'm not mistaken, there was another horrifying crash in magny course some years ago. It was f3000, driver hit another car while approaching to adelaide hairpin, his car took off the ground, made a spin and driver hit the barrior by his head.. It was fatal crash. :(

EDIT:

Yes, Peat, I mean the same.

---

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2007 12:42PM by oliver_33.
Date: July 01, 2007 05:16PM
Posted by: count.bazley
Bizarre how Magny-Cours doesn't have any catch fencing despite it's relatively low barriers! Frightening incident there (seems like the year for them).
Date: July 01, 2007 06:53PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
It does have catch fencing at places where there is crowd. But like almost all other circuits, there is no catch fencing around areas where there is no crowd. This allows marshalls quick access over the walls.

The only circuits which tend to have catch fencing around the immediate retaining walls are ovals and street courses.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 01, 2007 07:37PM
Posted by: Muks_C
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A little lighter...
>
> That start had to be one of the funniest things
> ever.
>
> Seriously, could ever see Mika and Michael doing
> that when they were on the front row.
>
> I guess this is what GP2 is for but lol. What a
> joke :p!

well MS did swerve a lot at the starts around 2000, known as the "Schumacher Chop".

he was just lucky that he was ahead of the other guy, or behind him when he got a bad start, meaning there was no contact.

this GP2 start was just unlucky for both drivers, but in an amusing way.

and who was it in F3000 a few years ago at Monaco, where he slowed down on the last lap approaching the finish line, but slowed too early so got overtaken and lost the race?

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: July 01, 2007 08:57PM
Posted by: gav
Bjorn Wirdheim.
Date: July 01, 2007 09:03PM
cheers Gav, here's the video:

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Date: July 01, 2007 09:23PM
Posted by: FRESCO
Whatever happened to Bjorn Wirdheim? The last I heard of him was test driving for Jaguar in 2004, since then he's disappeared off the face of the earth.

Date: July 01, 2007 09:54PM
Posted by: bestobritish
he was in champ car, not sure if he still is...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: July 01, 2007 10:27PM
Posted by: gav
He's been driving in Formula Nippon for the last couple of years.
Date: July 01, 2007 11:51PM
Posted by: matt3454
I can't see why any one would want to employ him after been so cocky like that. Got what he deserves.

Date: July 02, 2007 11:56AM
Posted by: chet
He didnt exactly compete against a 'tough' competition either in F3000 though he won, he had the best team, he was nothign special.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: July 22, 2007 12:40PM
Posted by: Dahie
I love the car, has the elegance of an F1 car, but abandons most of the additional cluddy aero-stuff. Great thing. Only the nose could be 10 cm shorter. :)

Website | Blog | Twitter | CTDP: Site Blog Twitter
Date: July 22, 2007 11:04PM
who, Robert Kubica's? ;)

Date: August 04, 2007 11:33PM
Posted by: IWE
bestobritish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> he was in champ car, not sure if he still is...

haha.. Makes my opinion about cart as amateur serie even stronger.. ;)

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: August 04, 2007 11:54PM
How exactly does that back up your opinion...?

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 05, 2007 04:14PM
U are so much better than others on this forum that you dont have to read my posts so I wonder why I even answer but: Just open your eyes. Bye..

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: August 05, 2007 04:30PM
Whilst I'm at it you should look up amatuer in the dictonary and post the meaning of it. Maybe then you'll understand why i question you.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 05, 2007 05:00PM
And Im just comparing Champ car / cart to series like Formula1, WRC, GP2, DTM, ETCC, Moto Gp.. and even few Finnish series.. All those makes champ car to look like bloody amateurs. Sorry.

And or Swedish friend fits perfectly to "lower" series like champ car or Formula Nippon..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2007 05:03PM by IWE.
Date: August 05, 2007 05:07PM
Lower series doesnt make it an amatuer series. Champ car has some good drivers ammoungst the bad too. F1 had Ide, GP2 has some idiot who failed to qualify this week because of the 107% rule, DTM hasAbt, Lauda, ETCC doesnt exist anymore...

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy