Football teams start own racing championship

Posted by Nickv 
Re: Football teams start own racing championship
Date: November 24, 2007 06:55PM
Posted by: Guimengo

It looks ok from a better angle but I am really excited, we may have Gualter Salles Jr. driving for us :D
Date: December 04, 2007 12:55AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
That looks stupid.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: December 04, 2007 05:42PM
Posted by: chet
Looks out of proportion... looks ok though. quite like it.
But it will still fail :p

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: December 07, 2007 01:30PM
That paint job on the nose doesn't flatter the shape too much, but it isn't that bad. I hope they change the car parts because the sand and salt from the sea really screw things up :p
Date: December 07, 2007 02:49PM
That's clearly not made by Panoz btw. Anyone who's seen the DP01 and Panoz IRL Chassis will know Panoz make fat, overweight inefficient cars, not slim ones. Who made that?

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: December 07, 2007 09:24PM
Posted by: gav
I'm just trying to find out, but what's staggering me is the process for making the chassis. They're essentially making the top and bottom halves of the chassis separately. I don't know about anyone else, but this is screaming 'fatality' to me. Looking at some bare tubs I'm dreading to think how this thing will cope in a head on crash or a Sato-Heidfeld sort of scenario.

Apparently it's Élan Motorsport Technologies who's making it anyway. No idea if that means anything to anyone, but I can't say I've heard of them. I suspect they're involved in the American motorsport scene quite heavily given their location in Atlanta, Georgia?
Date: December 08, 2007 01:24AM
Posted by: bestobritish
:-O cut n shut race car, thatl do well in a big crash lol

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: December 08, 2007 07:49AM
Apparently it's Élan Motorsport Technologies who's making it anyway. No idea if that means anything to anyone, but I can't say I've heard of them.

Élan Motorsport Technologies is the branch of Panoz which build the single seater cars for Champ Car and IRL. Anyone who knows anything about the Panoz IRL and CCWS entries would be horrified at Panoz taking on yet another single seater project.

Almost all of the IRL injuries came from the Panoz chassis. The DP01 was proven not only to be seriously broken in every way, but majorly unsafe with several injuries occurring in low speed accidents this year.

Panoz struggle to prepare the Le Mans GT2 cars correctly, having countless failures in those with private teams often having better reliability and speed than the works outfits. The single seaters have been death traps, and now they want more?

Oh, and they have been struggling to keep up with demand on the DP01 production. Partly because the CCWS n00bs have been crashing them lots, and partly because when they don't crash, they fall apart anyway. See Long Beach, Las Vegas and Assen.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: December 11, 2007 01:24AM
Posted by: Mr_Fossy
What a stupid idea. Football should stick to football.
Date: January 30, 2008 04:48PM
Posted by: mr.napa-br
My favourite team, Corinthians, has also confirmed presence in the superleague: [superleagueformula.net]

Well, even if the competition doesn't take off, it's still good publicity, right? =p

----
off topic (sort of)

just out of curiosity, how well do you europeans know the Brazilian football (I mean clubs and competitions, not the national team)?
Date: January 30, 2008 08:19PM
Posted by: brnco
well I'm not actually european but I live in europe.

lets see... I know that certain Branco played at 94 mundial (I know it because if you take out letter a you get Brnco), I know that Sao Paolo hate Corinthians, I know that the best Corinthian player ever was some fried Argentinian, and I know that Ronaldo grew his hair. And that ronaldinho looks like that guy from Apocalypse movie, and that you national team is called cariocas. And that Dunga neans dolphin, And that when they won 94 world cup they waved some ribbon with something about Ayrton Senna being written on it. And that Gene Hackman was the coach of national team at 2002 world cup.

are you blind? -no, I'm deaf, can't you see? -no, I'm blind.
Date: January 31, 2008 02:11AM
Corinthians had many players who were far better than Tévez, last great one was Marcelinho Carioca (started at Flamengo, like many stars ;)).

It's a bit disappointing to see another Brazilian team in this league, I imagine 2 European clubs gave up on the idea which opened up the spot for Corinthians, oh well.
Date: January 31, 2008 12:15PM
Posted by: Rod_vs
"It's a bit disappointing to see another Brazilian team in this league, I imagine 2 European clubs gave up on the idea which opened up the spot for Corinthians, oh well."

You are so stupid!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Date: January 31, 2008 12:48PM
yeah, Marcelinho Carioca was probably the best player i've seen playing for Corinthians (I'm 17). Thanks Flamengo :D

And I think Corinthians was already in the initial plans for the superleague, seeing the Brazilian tradition and passion in both sports... together, Flamengo and Corinthians correspond to more than 60 million potential viewers
Date: February 01, 2008 01:19PM
As long as Flamengo get Gualter Salles to drive Corinthians can be in the series as they'll get trashed ;)
Date: February 01, 2008 04:47PM
¬¬ you wish :P

But I gotta say, this thing is starting to look like it can actually take off, lots of signed teams, and some respectable companys floating about... I really hope it works, the Corinthians livery would look sweet on track =]
Date: February 10, 2008 12:03AM
Posted by: RonnyF1
Reynard + Honda.

1998 anyone?
Date: March 18, 2008 01:36PM
Posted by: robcambridge
The only thing that this makes me think of is that guy who had the Lister Storm in Newcastle United colours and logos that used to be in a GT championship.
Date: March 18, 2008 08:13PM
Posted by: Gaulty
If its in Newcastle colours, it must be bad.

Team Owner of ItalianEnglish Dynamics in GPG Super League
GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
GP3 Season 5: 14) Nathan Turner. 15) Tobias Kederer.
6 Time Race Winners
Date: March 19, 2008 02:38PM
Posted by: willward
this idea is so *beepin* rubbish wat a stupid idea :-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy