No more Zandvoort F3 Masters!

Posted by Peat 
No more Zandvoort F3 Masters!
Date: February 24, 2007 01:25PM
Posted by: Peat
crash.net

Zandvoort has been forced to sacrifice the Formula Three Masters event after a court ruling prevented the Dutch circuit from expanding the number of days which could be used for racing.

Zandvoort has hosted the coveted event, that attracts Formula Three competitors from across Europe, since its inauguration in 1991 but strict regulations on noise levels in the region have made the recently re-branded BP Ultimate Masters a victim.

Part of the reason has been the increase in interest the Zandvoort circuit has generated recently, with A1GP and World Touring Car Championship joining the DTM and the F3 Euroseries in featuring a round in the Netherlands this year.

Together with various national series, Zandvoort has gone over its ‘noise allowance' by two days and, with no extension having been granted, chairman Hans Ernst has been forced to cut the Masters from the calendar, despite claiming that the ruling is contradictory to the country's policy of of attracting large events.
-----------------------------------------

Gutting, such a good event!

Re: No more Zandvoort F3 Masters!
Date: February 24, 2007 10:38PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
It will take place in Zolder.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: February 24, 2007 11:46PM
Posted by: bestobritish
still wont be the same though, the current Zolder is nowhere near as good a circuit as Zandvort.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: February 25, 2007 09:57AM
Posted by: Nickv
It's a real big shame. Some people have no logic. They decide themselves to live next to a race track and then complain about the noise, which is only there much for seven days apparently...
Date: February 25, 2007 12:47PM
Posted by: Peat
dont get me started on that debate. Castle Combe in wiltshire is a classic example. The race track has been there for as long as me and my old man can remember, they built a new load of houses on land next to the circuit, people moved in and then complained. And thus, the circuit was hit by noise restrictions that pretty much includes all forms of competitive motorsport. Thus its predominantly a 'track-day' venue now. Now surely thats a restriction on trade, which last time i checked was illegal.

ARGH! Makes me spit!

Date: February 26, 2007 12:13PM
Posted by: chet
tbf, the sound of any engine is soothing music to my ears. Id welcome the noise, a shame these @#$%& cant ;)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: March 23, 2007 03:01PM
Posted by: smith007
Also
Shanghai will host a international F3 race this year after the Macau GP
It is offical

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2007 03:02PM by smith007.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy