Your take on this?/

Posted by chet 
Your take on this?/
Date: January 10, 2007 01:10PM
Posted by: chet
Sorry if its been discussed, but whats yr take on this?

Good pass or?

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Re: Your take on this?/
Date: January 10, 2007 01:23PM
Posted by: Nickv
Bloody stupid move. Bourdais should at least have got a time penalty for that.
Date: January 10, 2007 01:30PM
Because its him and because its Wilson id love to say it was a bad move... but its 60-40...

If for instance another driver did the same move I probably would accepted it.. but then again, it was a risk of taking both drivers out...

Should Wilson have backed down, even though he was turning into the corner before SB had his front wheels in front.

Date: January 10, 2007 02:03PM
Posted by: matt3454
Really bad move, Wilson gave him more than enough space but Bourdais just locked his tires.

Made me laugh when he described Wilson and Bourdais as 'two of the best'

Date: January 10, 2007 03:12PM
Posted by: NickKK
The faster driver won the second fastest came second, what's wrong with that ? ;)

Date: January 10, 2007 03:32PM
Posted by: anze89
He saw a chance, wilson left too much room and he went for it. Nothing wrong with that

Date: January 11, 2007 12:06PM
Posted by: danm
bourdais went for the move, wilson looked like he anticipated the move by bourdais, then seems not to give him enough room, plus bourdais locks it scuffing himself.

wilson drove openly for an expected overtaking, but was lousy, not enough for a pass, but open enough to make it seem an invite to overtake.

bourdais fine.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: January 11, 2007 01:10PM
Posted by: marcl
thats why champ car drivers do not do well in f1, u do that in f1 u break the car do that over there u get away with it, ask jpm and zanardi lol
Date: January 11, 2007 05:19PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
marcl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> thats why champ car drivers do not do well in f1,
> u do that in f1 u break the car do that over there
> u get away with it, ask jpm and zanardi lol

Wow... stupid comment of the day.

Montoya did really well in F1 as far as i am concerned. he was the only driver to take it to MS to a one on one level. he nearly won the title in 03, lots more than alot of the standard straight up the european ranks drivers that are in F1 today. Sadly i think monty just lost interest in F1 and thats what happend to him. he is an amazing driver.

dunno about zanardi tho he should have been up there. tho that 1999 williams did suck.

back to the Bourdais vs wilson pass, now everyone who knows me will know i am a mad mad paul tracy fan, and i hate bourdais. i mean i really hate him. he is scum in my eyes. there wasnt anything wrong with that pass tho, as much as i wish there was, it was a legit pass.

Date: January 11, 2007 05:53PM
Posted by: keiran
I think it's more a racing incident but the blame to me is on Bourdais. He was given room to work with but locked the rears by the looks of it downshifting.

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:
Date: January 11, 2007 06:57PM
Posted by: SpykerMF1
I thought it was terrible Wilson gave him enough room for him to get passed if he was fast enough but instead Bourdais locks up jumps the kerb and into Wilson full in the knowledge that he couldn't get passed Wilson before so had to force his way through. That was worse than Tracys move in (surfers?) where he jumped the chicane and got a penelty therefore Bourdais should of had one.He had the championship and knew that Wilson had an injured wrist that move was just plain wreckless and disgusting
Date: January 12, 2007 02:57PM
So if he hadnt had locked the rears, would he had made it through, if so without touching Wilson?!

And wilsons wrist was still injured :O

Date: January 12, 2007 07:31PM
Posted by: SpykerMF1
I don't know but he knew of Wilsons injurie and should of braked sensibly and if he hadn't of locked up then he would of had a better chance of making it through without collision
Date: January 12, 2007 11:38PM
Posted by: MarcA
I thought it was a perfectly fine move.

Date: January 13, 2007 07:11AM
Posted by: Joeku
Bourdais is that kind of driver he just forces himself past, I dont think he will get into f1 because he always does moves like that.

He would get a very bad reputation in f1 like montoya did for barging past his oppenants.

________________________________________________________________________________

Date: January 13, 2007 12:27PM
Joeku Wrote:
> Bourdais is that kind of driver he just forces
> himself past, I dont think he will get into f1
> because he always does moves like that.
>
> He would get a very bad reputation in f1 like
> montoya did for barging past his oppenants.

id rather we have more drivers like montoya in F1.

Date: January 13, 2007 04:21PM
Montoya was cool, Bourdais seems like wanker :p

Date: January 13, 2007 04:39PM
Posted by: NickKK
Yeah pit 10 Satos vs 12 Montoyas and 1 Schumacher I'll be glued to the TV :D

Date: January 13, 2007 08:22PM
Posted by: Red Sam
Well I like Bourdais and Wilson, and I think it wasnt the best move ever, but alright this time. The commentator summed it up - it was a Paul Tracy move, and sometimes they work, sometimes they dont.

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: January 14, 2007 07:17AM
NickKK Wrote:
> Yeah pit 10 Satos vs 12 Montoyas and 1 Schumacher
> I'll be glued to the TV :D

sigh

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy