Supercheap Auto 1000 *spoilers*

Posted by torana_05 
Re: Supercheap Auto 1000 *spoilers*
Date: October 07, 2006 09:36AM
Posted by: Red_Bull
Skaife on pole for the race! Great first sector, but lost a little time across the top. Brilliant final sector though. They're looking very strong, but we'll see where they are at 3pm tomorrow ;)

Hope he can do it, but as you say, Jason Richards's car is getting better and better.

Date: October 07, 2006 01:53PM
Posted by: gareth
update on poor Mark Porter, the bloke who got hit at 180km/h and David Clark, the poor bloke who hit him:

"Fears have grown for racing driver Mark Porter, who remains on life support, while David Clark is still critical but stable after their massive accident at Mount Panorama on Friday.

Both drivers were airlifted to hospital in critical condition after Clark ploughed into Porter's stalled Holden Commodore at close to 180kph during a second tier V8 race at the Bathurst 1000 meeting.

Porter, 31, has a serious head injury as well as extensive internal fractures and his condition remains critical in Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in Sydney.

Clark, 28, made good progress overnight in Nepean Hospital in Penrith but remained in an induced coma having undergone three operations in the intensive care unit.

He has been treated for a collapsed lung and fractures to his pelvis, right arm and knee cap, while early tests indicated no further internal injuries.

"It has been a difficult time for the family, our friends and the motor sport fraternity," said his father Ken Clark.

"The doctors continued to inform us of David's good progress through the night. All our strength continues to be with David and our thoughts and prayers are also with Mark and his family."

Ken Clark was in the pits when the crash happened as the manager of his son's Optima Sport team and went with him to Nepean Hospital.

V8 Supercars chief executive Wayne Cattach said a thorough investigation would be held into the crash.

Porter suddenly spun sideways on a climb up the mountain on the 12th lap of the 14-lap development race, stalled and was left stranded in the middle of the track in an area blinded to oncoming traffic.

Clark sent his Falcon sideways in an attempt to escape collision but crashed directly into Porter's driver's side door at around 180kph.

"We don't fully understand the implications of the accident," Cattach said.

"It would be premature of me to speculate what the implications are but there will be a very close and intensive look at it.

"Our thoughts are completely with Mark and David. We are working through the V8s chaplain Gary Coleman to support the families any way we can through this difficult time."

Three men have died driving at Bathurst - Mike Burgmann in 1986, the 1967 Formula One world champion Denny Hulme suffered a fatal heart attack while driving in 1992 and Don Watson in 1994."

from ninemsn.com

let's all hope for a speedy and complete recovery for both drivers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2006 01:59PM by gareth.
Date: October 07, 2006 02:04PM
Posted by: gareth
Does anyone think Skaife could break Brock's record of victories and crack it for 10?

He's already got five race wins, is on pole for what could be his sixth, HRT is always going to attract/demand quality co-drivers, he'll probably be driving for at least another ten years, plus with a brand spanking new Commodore coming online for the next couple of years.....
Date: October 08, 2006 05:21AM
Posted by: Sil3nt-War
Interesting race so far. Couple of big smashes. Murphy is looking strong which very good.

Gonna be a long safety car period as they try and get paul radisch out of the car. They have to cut the roof away after he smashed into a tyre barrier and turned it onto its side.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2006 05:23AM by Sil3nt-War.
Date: October 08, 2006 06:08AM
Posted by: Eagle
PHWOAR!!

Just saw the Paul Radisich crash...bloody hell...he just hit the tyre barrier full on at about 200kph!!!

Hope he's ok....last thing we want if more people being seriously hurt/dead in Aussie motor sports.

Edit....looks like theres another safety car...number 6..7?

The safety car driver is asking if he has enough fuel in the car :P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2006 06:13AM by Eagle.
Date: October 08, 2006 06:23AM
Posted by: gav
Radisich is apparently "serious but stable".
Date: October 08, 2006 07:09AM
Posted by: Sil3nt-War
From what i hear he is ok. He was complaining of a sore back.
Date: October 08, 2006 09:44AM
Well its over and Lowndes has seen off Kelly to take the win by half a second. As a Holden supporter, I don't mind seeing Lowndes win, particularly as he was pretty well taught by the master Peter Brock, so there's not many more people more fitting and deserving of the win. Great for Jamie Whincup as well!

As for the race itself, it wasn't a great one with all the safety car periods...but I could be talking as a Skaife fan - my interest was gone before the first 500 metres were completed. However it was a tight battle through-out the race.

Terrible to see the Radisich accident, especially in wake of the Porter/Clark crash, but from what I've heard, Radisich is apparently okay. Howabout Richards's flight through the Chase! I bet his heart was in his mouth - to have a failure at the fastest part of the circuit and hit the sandtraps at 300kph...good thing he didn't have any degree of turn on that vehicle or it would've been potentially very nasty.

Date: October 08, 2006 11:20AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
interesting race for sure, Skaife would not have picked that up in a million years.

Got to love Jack perkins tho, "i had no where to go" funny thing is you watch from his onboard camera, he is on the right hand side of the track and everyone slows a little to get around skaife, so jack tries to be a hero and goes left. real n00bish manuver. skaife was out anyway so i spose it dont matter eh.

Congratulations to Lowndes, even tho he is in a ford, he deserves it!

Date: October 08, 2006 12:02PM
Posted by: torana_05
yer good onya lowndes, even though im a holden man u did it for the king himself, like u said it doesnt matter about manufactors today, heaps of big crashes Radisich's crash was the biggest one did ya see the door just crumple inwards when he hit the barrier, wow, and wot about poor jason richards i feel sorry for him. the race today was the best 1 in years i think but i will have to watch it next week because i can hardly remember anything, anywho im off to the land of nod

Date: October 08, 2006 12:13PM
Mark Porter has since died of injuries sustained in the horrific accident on Friday.

Date: October 08, 2006 01:09PM
RIP Mark.

:(

Date: October 08, 2006 02:45PM
Posted by: chet
:o

the track maybe legendary, but its scary and f*ck and leathel!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: October 08, 2006 02:55PM
Yeah mate its scary, but it aint that lethal, no one has died there for along time thankfully

Date: October 08, 2006 03:45PM
Posted by: Zcott
Really sad news about Porter. How's Radisich doing?

Date: October 08, 2006 04:09PM
Posted by: gav
RIP :(

Don't think there's much to worry about regarding Radisich. Was a bit surprised myself when the official line was that he was serious.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2006 04:10PM by gav.
Date: October 08, 2006 05:29PM
It was a big, head on impact though. I expect every precaution has been taken with his incident.

All tracks are potentially lethal Chet, but I don't regard Mt Panorama much more dangerous than any other circuit in Australia or the world even. Safety is of paramount importance at the track, and we've seen the benefits of it as this is the first fatality since 1994. What happened on Friday was just a horrific accident. Nothing more.

Date: October 08, 2006 07:43PM
Posted by: gary42
RIP Mark

It doesn't make it a dangerous track though, as that accident could have happened at ANY track in the world

Date: October 09, 2006 11:29AM
Posted by: torana_05
yer i herd it just before i went to bed last nite poor fella, thoughts go out to his family and his one yr old kid

Media Statement realesed by Family of Mark Porter:

With untold sadness the family of Mark Porter advises that Mark has passed away. The family wishes to convey their heartfelt appreciation for the efforts of the medical crews who have been involved all the way through – at the track, at the Bathurst Base Hospital and at the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, and all of those who transported Mark between those facilities. They gave Mark every chance at life, for which we thank them.

The family also expresses their appreciation of the efforts of the officials of V8 Supercars Australia, all of whom have done their utmost to support all those involved in this tragedy.

The family conveys their best wishes to David Clark and those close to him and wishes him a complete recovery.

The Porter family also passes on their sincerest thanks to all of those who have conveyed to us their best wishes and prayers since Friday afternoon.

The family asks that the media respect the privacy of our family at this very emotionally stressful time.

The Porter Family

www.v8supercars.com.au

OFFICIAL RESULTS

1 888 Team Betta Electrical C.Lowndes/J.Whincup Ford Falcon BA
2 15 Toll HSV Dealer Team R.Kelly/T.Kelly Holden Commodore VZ
3 4 Jeld-Wen Motorsport J.Courtney/G.Seton Ford Falcon BA
4 1 Caltex Racing R.Ingall/L.Youlden Ford Falcon BA
5 7 Jack Daniel's Racing P.Dumbrell/S.Richards Holden Commodore VZ
6 67 Team Sirromet Wines S.Ellery/P.Morris Holden Commodore VZ
7 55 Autobarn Racing T.Longhurst/S.Owen Holden Commodore VZ
8 50 Supercheap Auto Racing N.Pretty/P.Weel Holden Commodore VZ
9 18 APVC Racing A.Davison/G.Denyer Ford Falcon BA
10 10 WPS Racing C.Baird/J.Bargwanna Ford Falcon BA
11 14 Team BOC J.Bowe/B.Jones Ford Falcon BA
13 33 Repco Valvoline Cummins Team G.Ritter/C.McLean Holden Commodore VZ
14 8 WPS Racing D.Besnard/M.Wilson Ford Falcon BA
15 23 Tasman Motorsport O.Kelly/M.Noske Holden Commodore VZ
16 26 Fujitsu Racing J.Fernandez/T.Ricciardello Ford Falcon BA
17 34 Repco Valvoline Cummins Team D.Canto/L.Holdsworth Holden Commodore VZ
DNF 3 Tasman Motorsport A.Jones/J.Richards Holden Commodore VZ
DNF 51 Supercheap Auto Racing C.McConville/G.Murphy Holden Commodore VZ
DNF 25 Fujitsu Racing W.Luff/A.Macrow Ford Falcon BA
DNF 16 Toll HSV Dealer Team T.D'Alberto/A.Tratt Holden Commodore VZ
DNF 20 Glenfords AEG Racing M.Marshall/J.Webb Ford Falcon BA
DNF 021 Team Kiwi Racing F.Coulthard/P.Radisich Holden Commodore VZ
DNF 12 Team BOC D.Brede/M.Caruso Ford Falcon BA
DNF 5 Ford Performance Racing M.Halliday/D.Brabham Ford Falcon BA
DNF 6 Ford Performance Racing J.Bright/M.Winterbottom Ford Falcon BA
DNF 17 FirstRock Home Loans W.Davison/S.Johnson Ford Falcon BA
DNF 22 Holden Racing Team R.Briscoe/Jim Richards Holden Commodore VZ
DNF 39 Team Sirromet Wines A.Gurr/K.Scott Holden Commodore VZ
DNF 11 Jack Daniel's Racing J.Perkins/S.Price Holden Commodore VZ
DNF 2 Holden Racing Team M.Skaife/G.Tander Holden Commodore VZ

i might mention something as a personal thought, Being been to bathurst on 4 times or be it 10 years ago for the race i must suggest that governing body of V8 Supercars must do something with the size of the grid. when i first went to bathurst in 1993 the grid would have around 40+ cars, this was good as there were always cars goin past you at the top and u wouldnt bee sitting waiting for 1.30 to wait for 31 cars to go past for 30 sec then wait another 1.30 for the same thing, i know being a big circuit there is a problem like this but this year was ridiculas, i had a mate down there this year and he said the exact same thing about the lack of cars. This would have been real bad at the end of the race where only 17 cars were circulating, almost half the field was gone, my solution to this is top bring back the privaters or the Fujitsu V8s as there called now into the official race to boost the numbers up so more cars are on the track entertaining the spectators, i know people would complain because of traffic but thats racing isnt it gettin around the slow cars without any problems.

thanks ur thoughts

Date: October 09, 2006 12:59PM
My problem was that half the cars all look the same. For example, there's very little difference between the Tasman Motorsports cars and the Toll HSV team. Most teams have gone for either blue, white or black and it looks kinda dull really. I half miss the old DJR Shell cars with their red and yellow livery of the late 90's.

There perhaps could be more Fujitsu entries allowed for the main race.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy