New Panoz Champcar

Posted by AdamGilchrist 
Re: New Panoz Champcar
Date: August 09, 2006 04:49PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Zyklefs correct :thumbsup: (this forum needs more smilie things)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 09, 2006 05:10PM
Posted by: tripleM
"The 2006 chassis are only limited to Lolas and Reynards because there's no other chassis that have been built."

"9.3.1. Champ Car Chassis. Participation in the 2006 Champ Car World Series is strictly limited to race car chassis constructed by Lola Car International Limited and Reynard Motorsport in accordance with 2000 through 2004 Champ Car race car specifications. No other chassis is permitted."

Wrong.No other chassis can be built.

If say Dallara had built the chassis to the exactly the same spec as the Lola they wouldn't have been allowed to compete as per the rulebook.

The excuse that no other chassis have been built is bogus.

Same as the "creative wording".

Anyone can see it from the rulebook.

Date: August 09, 2006 05:46PM
Posted by: six degrees
champcar is all pr - and it's fantastic for it. one day you'll figure that out for yourself.
Date: August 09, 2006 05:54PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
"9.3.1. Champ Car Chassis. Participation in the 2006 Champ Car World Series is strictly limited to race car chassis constructed by Lola Car International Limited and Reynard Motorsport in accordance with 2000 through 2004 Champ Car race car specifications. No other chassis is permitted."

Pretty poor wording then isnt it? Reynard Motorsport died and Derek Walker bought what was left, so *technically*, going by that rule, Reynards are not allowed either. But somehow, they are allowed - why is that?

Because its all PR!

Champ Car also has RULES concerning the useage of the ChampCar name and associated sponsors. It has exact RGB colours and exact dimensions and the logos should never be used without the associated sponsors (bridgestone and ford), but yet Champ Cars own site contradicts it. OMGZ PR SPEAKZZZ

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2006 05:58PM by DaveEllis.
Date: August 09, 2006 06:15PM
Posted by: tripleM
"Reynard Motorsport died and Derek Walker bought what was left, so *technically*, going by that rule, Reynards are not allowed either. But somehow, they are allowed - why is that?"

What the heck are you on about?

The Reynard chassis that are left were constructed by Reynard Motorsport.

Looks clear to me.

"Champ Car also has RULES concerning the useage of the ChampCar name and associated sponsors. It has exact RGB colours and exact dimensions and the logos should never be used without the associated sponsors (bridgestone and ford), but yet Champ Cars own site contradicts it. OMGZ PR SPEAKZZZ"

Say what?

Better yet, direct my attention to the RULES and the contradiction.

Champcar Downloads
Date: October 31, 2006 10:46PM
Posted by: glen1one
Anyone know where I can get Champcar Downloads to use with my Grand Prix 3 or 4? I remember seeing them once but can't find the link again. I recall there were 3 downloads to get all the tracks.
Re: Champcar Downloads
Date: November 01, 2006 09:21PM
Posted by: MaxF1
you'll get a better response by posting under the GP3 forum but the 'old downloads' sectionof this site has the best i've found cos i'm running the 1997 CART season right now...

Regards,
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy