NASCAR Help (Ellis?? ;))

Posted by Red Sam 
NASCAR Help (Ellis?? ;))
Date: June 13, 2006 10:24PM
Posted by: Red Sam
Hi Guys,

Wanted to ask a NASCAR question - what are the rules and regs relating to the use of relief drivers during races?

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Re: NASCAR Help (Ellis?? ;))
Date: June 13, 2006 11:17PM
Posted by: tripleM
The driver who starts the race scores the points.

Date: June 13, 2006 11:50PM
Posted by: gav
Ellis is at/on the way to/about to head to Le Mans, so you'll be getting little help from him ;)

I thought it was half points for each of the drivers? - but I barely watch NASCAR, so you'll want someone such as Neil Pearson to wander in this direction.
Date: June 16, 2006 07:51AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
/me wanders in

TripleM is right gav, The driver who starts the race gets full points.

Thats why at dover just gone tony Stewert did the first 38 laps, then got out and let ricky rudd drive the car. otherwise i dont think tony would of even started the race, he was in alot of pain.

Date: June 19, 2006 10:10PM
Posted by: Red Sam
Thanks guys ;)

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: June 21, 2006 04:27PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Its because the car number is associated to the driver on the green flag. so when the gren drops, the number is tied to that driver. No matter who finishes the race, the points go to the driver thats tied to the number at the green.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy