GP3 World Series 2008 Season | R.I.P.

Posted by Anonymous User 
Re: A new Project!
Date: December 17, 2007 05:37PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Gaulty Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> eh. Rotty, did you get my pm?

you mean the one where you have told me the things, which I should change on your car? Then yes ;-)
Date: December 17, 2007 05:44PM
Posted by: alexsio
I prefer to use Brands Hatch, it's more real.
About a city race we can use an american track or macau, why not?
Date: December 18, 2007 12:25PM
Posted by: red 5
@DJ Rotty, I have sent you PM with my team details.

I went to your home page to read the rules. First of all congrs. as the page looks wery nice and provides all info you need. Well done.
However I have a suggestion. I think that by giving drivers performance according to first test session without range
will provide somevhat predictable results. I suggest that drivers drive five consecutive laps during that session and
then you can sort the performance according to fastest lap of that five and range according to difference between
the laps. Then we will have two factors that will decide the outcome of the race: performance and consitency.

bye :)

Date: December 18, 2007 03:00PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
the perfect way to manage a simulated series would be to let humans interact with the performaces to make their own strategies. There would be an official testing every 3 races and by its results every driver and team would have some bonuses to spend manually in the next 3 races sending the strategy to the race judge by PM. In example a driver would like to fight for pole then he would increase the ability range for qually, so may succeed or fail, but increasing then the overall failure chances. Otherwise try the constancy in race reducing the race ability range in race but also reducing the benefit of the race performance value. Or even risking to increase the engine increasing also a lot the failure chance. But these are no more the golden day of Gp3 where there was such activity.

-------------------------------
Date: December 18, 2007 03:07PM
according to red's post, the official test that gives the bonuses for races (at least an official test every 3 race), should be divided in several parts to create different situations:
-fastest overall drivers laps should grant better bonuses in qually grip values
-fastest paces (sum of drivers laps) should grant an higher ability range in race (chances to go fast but risk to go slow. The so called over enthusiasm...)
-fastest overall team pace (sum of all team laps) should involve the reliability (fastest pace=less failure chances)
-sum of team fastest laps (driver1's fast + driver2's fast) should involve the qually ability range (chances of exploit or fails)

generally lower ability range means constancy through races while high ability mwans chances of great exploit or big fails

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2007 03:11PM by R_Scandura.
Date: December 18, 2007 04:42PM
Posted by: Gaulty
R_Scandura Wrote:
> the perfect way to manage a simulated series would
> be to let humans interact with the performaces to
> make their own strategies. There would be an
> official testing every 3 races and by its results
> every driver and team would have some bonuses to
> spend manually in the next 3 races sending the
> strategy to the race judge by PM. In example a
> driver would like to fight for pole then he would
> increase the ability range for qually, so may
> succeed or fail, but increasing then the overall
> failure chances. Otherwise try the constancy in
> race reducing the race ability range in race but
> also reducing the benefit of the race performance
> value. Or even risking to increase the engine
> increasing also a lot the failure chance. But
> these are no more the golden day of Gp3 where
> there was such activity.

1 problem with that, say the team boss is not at home or cannot access the internet.

Team Owner of ItalianEnglish Dynamics in GPG Super League
GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
GP3 Season 5: 14) Nathan Turner. 15) Tobias Kederer.
6 Time Race Winners
Date: December 18, 2007 04:54PM
Gaulty Wrote:
>
> 1 problem with that, say the team boss is not at
> home or cannot access the internet.

well considering the interval between races there would be all the time for a PM. Consider also that allowed benefits would be the same from an official test to another, so many ways are possible to comunicate. but being a simulated season, all the drivers already start from a custom value, so who misses to set the strategy will still play with no modifications...
but activity is why i said there it's no more time for this kind of games...

Date: December 18, 2007 05:27PM
Posted by: Diax F1
I have an idea for you concerning perf.

There are four test sessions - not two - before the start of the season (over 4 days, obviously)

Test 1 - Qualifying Perf.
Test 2 - Qualifying Range.
Test 3 - Race Perf.
Test 4 - Race Range.

Test 1.

A qualifying session is performed at a track (e.g. Castle Combe) with perf for the session being 16100 with no perf range. Here is how qualifying perf is given out:

1. Car 1: 58.400s - Qual Perf: 16500
2. Car 2: 58.410s - Qual Perf: 16499
3. Car 3: 58.411s - Qual Perf: 16499
4. Car 4: 58.511s - Qual Perf: 16489...
22. Car 23: 59.530 - Qual Perf: 16397

As such, quali perf is based on time. 1 tenth of a second accounts for 10 perf points. The car at the top of the timesheets automatically starts with 16500 qual perf. If the next driver is 0.1s behind, he loses 10 perf points in comparison to the first driver. However, if the next driver is 0.01s behind, he loses only 1 perf point. If he is 0.001s behind, he also recieves 16500.

Test 2.

A second qualifying session occurs with the original qual perf of 16100 no perf range. Qual Range for Car 1 follows:

Car 1: 58.204s - Range: 196

The time for test 2 is taken away from the time in Test 1. (No minus ranges) 1 tenth of a second accounts for 100 range. For example, Car 1 had a Test 1 time of 58.400s, and a Test 2 time of 58.204s. The test 2 time is taken from the test 1 time to give -196. As there are no minus ranges, it is automatically changed to 196.

Test 3.

A free practice session occurs with race perfs, except the top 5 from Test 1 recieve an extra 50,40,30, 20 and 10 race perf points each for this test ONLY. Race Perf is given out in similar way to Qual Perf, except it starts at 16400 rather than 16500.

Test 4

Test 4 occurs in the same way as Test 2, except using the Test 3 times rather than the test 1 times.

Half way through the season, the same 4 tests happen at the same venue, except using the perfs gained from the start of the season.

However, the other option is we all start from scratch, and perf is gained in the same way that perf (driver and engine) is gained in the WGP and w300.

Now that I've said my piece, I feel I should join, which I will (due to the simplicity of it all ^_^) . I will post details of my team in my next post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2007 05:27PM by Diax F1.
Date: December 18, 2007 06:42PM
I like it. I like it lots. Castle Combe here we come :)

GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
6 Time Race Winners
Date: December 18, 2007 07:09PM
Posted by: alexsio
I like too.

sp:can I use another template different from the one in the Gp3world series's website?
Date: December 18, 2007 08:17PM
Big name enters the fray
Many people were surprised to see McLaren at a meeting of the GP3 World Series teams. However, it is apparent that the Woking based F1 outfit will be backing a team set up by Dean Kittleson. McLaren World Series Racing (formerly known as K1 Racing).

It is apparent that despite McLaren's close relationship with Mercedes, the team has decided to use Deutz World Series deisel engines. This is to ensure no further strain is placed on the German manufacturer.

It is believed that the McLaren Technology Centre will be the base of operations for the World Series team; however, Kittleson has had to find all employees for his operations. The British youngster will pilot the first car.

Team Name: McLaren World Series Racing
Engine: Deutz
Tyres: Bridgestone
Headquarter: McLaren Technology Centre, Woking, England
Test tracks: Silverstone, Brands Hatch, Castle Combe
Driver1: Dean Kittleson
Driver2: TBA

Car livery will be revealed later. If anyone wishes to pilot the second car, PM me.
Date: December 18, 2007 08:22PM
OK.

First, nice help from you Dean. I think, I will use that one for sort out the perf. Castle Combe? h'mmm - can I use Le Castellet instead of Castle Combe? :)

Second, I hadn't yet time to update the page. I will do that tomorrow or Thursday.

Third, yes you can use a other template when you want ;-)
Date: December 18, 2007 09:10PM
I would like to enter my team aswell.

name: Red Five Racing
engine: Renault
tyres: Bridgestone
Driver 1 :TBA
Driver 2 :TBA

I will release the livery after new year.
PM me if you want to drive

Date: December 18, 2007 09:43PM
This should be stickied.

Only 1 team left I believe, current teams:

Team RGR
Atlantica Racing
SRS Racing Belgium
V.T.R Engineering
One Racing
Forest
Racing Cats
Team Finghini
McLaren World Series Racing
Red Five Racing

So get your friends and tell them all about it. We need a team and quite a few drivers.

6 Time Race Winners
Date: December 18, 2007 09:52PM
That was simply an example, Florian - You can use any track you want, though I'd recommend you use a relatively short one: So that the spread in times isn't too much.

Anyway, it's nice to help out an old buddy, so I figured I'd help you achieve more with this than I did with my attempts...lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2007 09:53PM by Diax F1.
Date: December 18, 2007 10:49PM
There goes Spa ;)

6 Time Race Winners
Date: December 19, 2007 07:10AM
Gaulty Wrote:
> There goes Spa ;)

haha ;)

well, short track... h'mmmm
Date: December 19, 2007 02:32PM
Posted by: Fincent
I'll have the last slot!!

Did I get in there quick enough? :)

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Date: December 19, 2007 02:56PM
@fincent hmmm dunno, even Red Five Racing and Mclaren are not sure IMO because they have not appeared on official page.
DJ Rotty still has to confirm that list. For now olny those on the page have secured a place.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2007 02:57PM by red 5.
Date: December 19, 2007 03:26PM
Posted by: Fincent
Okay then :) well I've got my skin ready to go if I get the chance to participate. Here's my details if so:

Team Name: F1N Racing
engine: Renault
tyres: Bridgestone
Driver 1 : Daniel Finney
Driver 2 : Coming Soon (thats not his name btw, lol)

Also, about helmets...do we paint the helmer designs too? And if so, what resolution? :)

Hope i get in! lol

EDIT Here's my stuff I've made if I manage to get in. The car design, my helmet skin and then an extra helmet skin for anyone else who wants to be on my team ;) (the skins will be sized down, they're just big so you can see the detail).

What skins is everyone else going to be using? :)

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2007 04:13PM by Fincent.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy