A1GP

Posted by JIRKa 
Re: A1GP
Date: April 14, 2007 10:58AM
Posted by: gareth
Each to their own Drafi.

How am I to pick which drivers to put in? Most A1GP teams use more than just two, so I chose not to put any names in as the A1GP series is about the teams/nations, not indiviual drivers. Further, GP3 1.13 is limited as you know to having two car teams, whereas A1GP have one car per nation.

At best, an A1GP carset is an approximation in GP3 1.13 terms, so the 'realism' which you demand is impossible.

X-Acto's carets last year were indeed great, however it may have been better for him to create a car painting template which simulates the A1GP cars better, as I attempted to do.

And what is wrong with the 'artwork'? Would you like to let me know how it could be improved in your opinion instead of criticising without explanation.

Cheers
Date: April 14, 2007 12:02PM
Posted by: drafi5
You have the choice, gareth, to pick two drivers, so why don´t you do it ?
About the artwork, for the grid cars only flags is abit poor, real cars
would be better, your animated logos are too shiny.

Happy racing from Germany !!!

Date: April 15, 2007 12:55AM
Fair enough mate, I'm happy with what I produced. Please go ahead and update if you'd like to.
Date: April 15, 2007 08:49AM
Posted by: drafi5
If you are happy with the result, gareth, it is okay for me too.

Happy racing from Germany !!!

Date: April 15, 2007 02:50PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
@drafi: the paint job of this cars are better as the ones from your F1 Carsets ;)
The artworks are maybe not good, but you must improve your ones too a lot
And about the names? Is it really necassary to put the names into the carset? Everybody can add for himself the drivers that he want for each country ;)

And last but not least: When you now say: "DJ Rotty, make a petter carset bla bla bla"... I can paint Cars with Paintshop, but I don't make anything for the whole community, because everybody would criticizes me. I paint the cars not like the current people, who put all the original details of an F1 Car on a GP3 Car. No, I don't do this... and believe me, because of that fact, nobody would use my cars ;)
Date: April 22, 2007 04:31PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
Gareth, just downloaded your A1Gp carset. Absolutely amazing!!! I immediately mounted the sets for Gp3_2k to play it soon as possible!
Only one thing: have you used/made any PSD template to paint the cars? In case, will you ever share it? I like to use new templates...

tnx again for the great work :)

-------------------------------
Date: April 22, 2007 06:07PM
Posted by: Gord_on_wheels
I think all of the A1GP stuff that been made for GP3 in brilliant...including this.

I've had a lot of fun with it all...I've mixed and matched lots of it to create my own World Championship league thing. Three different leagues, 33 different countries, (had to create a couple to make up numbers..for example, broke down the United Kingdom into England, Scotland and Wales, Northern Ireland didn't make it rhough the qualifying round!)

Started off with 4 qualifying races to determine who would race in which league. League 1 with 20% race distance, league 2 with 15% race distance and league 3 with 10% race distance.

Once that was decided, there are 3 races every race weekend, league 3 first, then league 2 than leaugue 1. At the end of the season, the top two countries get promoted to the next league up and the bottom 2 get demoted. The top 4 from leagues 1 and 2 and the top 3 of league 3 go to a special one off champions race which runs at 100% at the end of the season. The champions race is held in the country which won the league 1 championship. There is also another qualifying round where the bottom 7 countries of league 3 and 4 new countries compete for a place in league 3 next season, (those who finished 1st and 2nd are promoted and 3rd place is safe in league 3) In that race, the top 7 countries get to race and the bottom 3 have to sit out for a season and try again the next year. All this from all the A1gp stuff I've found and downloaded!

I bet you just read that and thought, "what?'! Have i created the most confusing championship on GP3?! Reading it back, i'm not sure it makes that much sense actually!

Anyway...there's a point to this post somewhere...

So...

I've completed season 1, USA are overall champions with Michael Andretti and Derek Hill driving, Andretti won the champions race too. Italy and New Zealand for demoted from league 1 to league 2 with South Africa and Germany going the other way from league 2 to league 1. Poland and Russia went from league 2 to league 3 with Scotland and India getting promoted the other way.

Also got lots of ex F1 drivers. Jean Alesi and Olivier Panis for France. Allan McNish for Scotland, Michael Schumacher for Germany, (but only after they were promoted, i thought in real life he would only race if they were in the top league!) Frentzen is in the other German car.Marc Gene for Spain, Jacques Villeneuve for Canada, Montoya for Columbua, Klien for Austria, (replaced Wurz, one left F1 as one re-joined, so i thought they could do a swap!) Hakkinen and Salo for Finland. Nakano and Katayama for Japan, (who always somehow manage to hang on in the top league despite me trying to put realistic values in!) Burti and Zonta for Brazil, David Brabham for Austrailia. Got many many other as well...thanks to all the carsets over the internet got lots of helmets to put in the cars.

So even if its not possible to create the real A1GP, I have had a lot of fun with the files that have been put on here!

Turns out there was no point to my post afterall!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2007 06:10PM by Gord_on_wheels.
Date: April 22, 2007 10:29PM
Posted by: GLD
Sounds cool - did you race in the championship yourself??

I'm tempted to get the old GP3 CD out hehe and give that a bash!!
Date: April 22, 2007 11:12PM
Yeah, raced in the England team alongside Ralph Firman. Didn't do so well, set it up to be quite tricky. Won just one race all season and England finished 5th in the top league..which means i get to race in the top league again!
Date: April 29, 2007 08:46PM
Posted by: bazza_racer
you do know that ralph firman is irish? should be ollie jarvis or robbie kerr for england.

"Racing is LIFE. Anything before or after is just waiting"
Steve McQueen.
Date: April 30, 2007 06:46PM
I thought Ralph Firman was from Norwich in Norfolk...but i see he races under Irish citizenship.

Hmm...maybe i should put Johhny Herbert or Justin Wilson in the seat or something instead!

[en.wikipedia.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2007 06:47PM by Gord_on_wheels.
Date: April 30, 2007 07:48PM
Posted by: bazza_racer
yeah a bit confusing. but spose when ur not good enough for the team gbr seat you'll look elsewhere, like all those "scottish" new zealanders in the scottish rugby team hehe.

"Racing is LIFE. Anything before or after is just waiting"
Steve McQueen.
Date: June 12, 2007 07:58AM
Posted by: BillehJean
since theres 3 files with different teams now, how do i mix and match them all into the game? thanks
Date: June 13, 2007 12:55AM
In GP3edit you'll have to save whatever car bitmaps, artwork bitmaps you wish to use, then load them into a new carset. You'll be able to import the helmets, pitcrews and tyres from GP3 so don't worry about moving them over.

As for drivers & performance, you'll have to enter them manually but use which ever names you wish to- I left the names empty as most teams used more than two drivers and people would probably have their own preferences/favourites.

It's a little bit of work but once you get the hang of GP3edit you'll do it really quickly and easily.
Date: October 15, 2007 11:30AM
Posted by: JIRKa
Hi everyone. Has anybody a plan to make the new carset of A1GP season 2007/2008? the real season looks great after 2 races :)
Date: November 07, 2007 07:24AM
Hey guys,

Here's Australia's & Brazil's livery for the new year. Right click and save as, then whack them into GP3edit to use. Not tested in game so they most probably will look a little wonky.

I'll try to do more when I can. Cheers!

Date: November 08, 2007 08:33PM
Posted by: Rod_vs
Wow! Fantastic!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Date: November 10, 2007 09:37PM
Posted by: JIRKa
Hi gareth, fantastic work. thanks. Is it possible to download somewhere your basic carset file (with shadows and lightnings) in PSD or can you send me it? I really like to try to do some cars and help you with the whole carset.
Date: November 10, 2007 11:31PM
Posted by: sté
made a livery for the holland team in the a1gp series

[www.facebook.com]
Date: November 12, 2007 07:07AM
ste, you inspired me to have a crack at the Netherlands car. It took forever!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy