reduced Istanbul track for GP3 uploaded

Posted by drafi5 
reduced Istanbul track for GP3 uploaded
Date: July 21, 2006 09:58AM
Posted by: drafi5
I just uploaded on my homepage [http://www.drafi5.freewebspace4all.de/]
the reduced Istanbul track for GP3, thanks to Major Tom
for sorting out some bugs and errors, now it works without
any error message, also included MT magic data.
Many thanks to belini for giving permission to upload.

Happy racing from Germany !!!
Re: reduced Istanbul track for GP3 uploaded
Date: July 21, 2006 10:22AM
Posted by: X_Acto
Thank you very much drafi and Major Tom! :)

-----------------------------------------------------

Date: July 21, 2006 11:16AM
Posted by: Marrco
I don t see the track upload on your site? Where is it exactly?
Date: July 21, 2006 11:28AM
It is in the "Misc" section Istanbul track for GP3,
sorry I forgot to mention.

Date: July 21, 2006 12:09PM
Posted by: Eagle
@drafi5,

When you say the track is "reduced", do you mean the size of the .dat file is reduced, or the length of the circuit is reduced, or the number of jams are reduced??

I've always wanted to play this circuit for GP3 :)...have to wait a few days before I'm home again to play it.
Date: July 21, 2006 12:26PM
@ Eagle:
Reduced means the size of the dat.file to make it working with GP3 (under 137 Kb), I deleted some "Internal Object Definitions" in TE to get to the size, it still has the right
length and all jam.files included, you can run the track
without any error messages.

Date: July 21, 2006 12:53PM
And have you tried to do this same thing (track reducing) with another bellini tracks, or only with the Istanbul track...? Is it a difficult process?
Date: July 21, 2006 01:08PM
@ Marcco:
I still "reduced" some other tracks the same way.
Use TrackEditor open the dat.file, go to "Internal Objects
Definitions" and delete the LAST one, then again the last one
and so on, from time to time save the dat.file to see the size, when it is under 137 Kb it should be okay.

Date: July 21, 2006 01:35PM
thanks for your info, I ll try it! I hope it will work...
Date: July 21, 2006 03:11PM
Posted by: MajorTom
@all

Hello everyone in here,

I just want to clear up some positions. First of all the magics are not made by me. The wonderful work of the track is done by the "GREAT BELLINI" all the thanks are going to him, and I know what we are talking about. Once again my greatest "salute" to him. Next point: I did not clear any bugs of the track. I think it doesn´t have any. The track was just made under the intention to get it run under GP3 2000. It´s a slightly different work we can say. So PK just worked with this intention to make it so perfect. Now there were some of the commands he did for GP3 2000 which are not working 100% under GP3 in Windows XP. So that we had CTD´s here and there. The only thing I did is that I´ve changed some values and deleted some of the commands which were responsible for CTD´s. Nothing more. The track file itself was kindly reduced by Drafi5 where the rest of the thanks should go. And not to forget the kind permission of "THE GREAT BELLINI",

cheers and have fun again!
tom
Date: July 21, 2006 03:36PM
Hello Tom,
thanks for the statement, all well said, but don´t underestimate your part of the work, many thanks to Paul
for this great track and permission for upload, thanks
for your help to make it run fine under XP.

Regards
Helmut (drafi5).
Date: July 21, 2006 04:58PM
Posted by: Famous Musician
There is any chance for you reduce all the Belini tracks?
Date: July 21, 2006 05:30PM
No, I don´t think, it should be possible for dat.files
till 150 Kb without great graphical bugs IMO.

Date: July 21, 2006 10:37PM
Posted by: Brianf666
Just so everyone is up to speed on this, I do take it, Draffi, that one needs to install the Bellini original first, to get the .jam's etc and replace the .dat with your version.

Nico bites yer tyres!
Date: July 22, 2006 02:01PM
OMG its beautiful!!!

it works so smooth!! I had problems with Bellini's initial track for GP3-2000 where it was really chuggy for my pc...but now, I've run drafi5's version of Bellini's track...and its sooo smooth...no frame rate problems whatsovever! The 2005/006 calendar is complete!!

Thanks SOO much both Bellini for the original track and drafi5 for your conversion....I've always wanted to play this track in GP3 cos of the problems I've had running it in GP3-2000...much better :)
Date: July 22, 2006 02:43PM
Can you reduce at least the Sakhir Track?
Date: July 22, 2006 03:55PM
@ Eagle:
It is still the belini track, all thanks to Paul, please read what Major Tom wrote, I have nothing converted, only reduced the dat.file size under 137 Kb to make it work with GP3.

@ Famous Musician:
The Sakhir track runs with GP3, 2006 version has 132 Kb.

Date: July 22, 2006 05:54PM
but the sakhir track crashes under XP
Date: July 22, 2006 06:01PM
@drafi5,

after reading through MajorTom's post earlier in this thread, it looks as though I have to extend my appreciation not to just the amazing Bellini, but to MajorTom and yourself, mainly because you have knowledge of GP3 track building to be able to modify the CTD's (whatever they are!) and reduce the file (again, I would have no idea how to do that).

I have so much to be thankful for with the bunch of track designers and coders who supply the GP3 die hards with VERY realistic tracks, who spend so many hours pleasing everyone. If I sound ignorant as to who has exactly done what with every track, then forgive me, but without those bunch of people, and especially those people who have worked long hours on the GPx plug-in, Grand Prix 3/4 would have had such a limited lifespan as a game.

Thanks again, PK (Bellini), MajorTom and drafi5, and anyone else who's submitted a BRILLIANT track conversion to grandprixgames (specially the Nordschliefe track!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2006 06:03PM by Eagle.
Date: July 22, 2006 08:27PM
Posted by: PIQUET FAN
There's already a Sakhir track available and it doesn't crashes to desktop. I ran a full race championship months ago.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy