Missed Races

Posted by bazza 
Missed Races
Date: April 09, 2002 07:22AM
Posted by: bazza
Do you remember the last Grand Prix you did not watch??

I can't remember when I last missed a GP. I've even managed to watch them on holiday, in a bar or something. I probably haven't missed one since I started to watch in the late 80s when I was only 6. I remember watching Schumacher's debut race, even though I would only have just turned 8. Ironically, at that time I wanted him to do well. How things change

Is everyone else in the same boat??

Bazza

Re: Missed Races
Date: April 09, 2002 07:30AM
Posted by: chris
About MS? yep.
But I only miss grand prix when I get up in the early hours to watch them and just close my eyes for a couple of minutes cos its the adverts....and I'm asleep. I wake up in time to see the podium.

That happened at australia.

Chris J
Date: April 09, 2002 07:32AM
Posted by: Rainey
I missed 2 in a row last year when I went to England and France (I'm from Australia). They were on during the day where I was, and obviously I was out doing other things, but apart from that I try to catch as many as I can, sometimes they were on too late when I had school the next day.
Date: April 09, 2002 07:33AM
Posted by: Zcott
I missed the second half of the Brazilian GP due to a very important jazz concert I had to play in. Before that...hm. I think it was the German GP in 2000, because I was over visiting my girlfriend and I had to do the honorable thing and stay with her rather than glued to the TV....really irritating, because I heard it was a great race!
Date: April 09, 2002 09:44AM
Posted by: genesis
damn Scott that was one of the worst GPs to miss!!
I've been into F1 since '98, and I havent missed a race, but I've missed two qualifying sessions. I get up late at night and early in the morning for the Malaysian and Japanese Grand Prix, cos I find it really exciting when it's on at weird times, and also how could anyone miss a race??
Unfortunately, my run will end this weekend, cos I'm going karting with my mates for my 16th birthday on Sunday, which should be well cool, but I'm well choked that I'll miss Imola.

Cai
Date: April 09, 2002 09:55AM
Posted by: jordangp2001
i started watching gps in 1995 and missed about 2 , belgium 98( but i have it taped) and japan 95.( i wasnt prepared to get up then but ive changed:)

Date: April 09, 2002 11:20AM
Posted by: Farieda
i have missed the malaysian race of this year... and last year i missed a few live ones who were like very very early, but caught them on the rerun special on a 'decent' time :)

on a side note: montoya is reminding me why i hated schumacher so much.

peace.
Date: April 09, 2002 11:33AM
Posted by: bazza
Now that you mention it, I would have missed a few of the early morning (GMT) ones, when I was younger, but I would have taped them.

Bazza

Date: April 09, 2002 12:02PM
Posted by: CMJH69
I work Sundays 10am-4pm so I can only watch the early morning races live. I record every race and watch them all as soon as I get home!!

Date: April 10, 2002 10:15PM
Posted by: TeamFerrari
Here's a really sad race that I missed..

I was really into F1 back in 1994.
Picture the scene...May 1st, 1994...Imola...
I watched the start of the race, I think there was a really big smash on the first lap, then I stayed for the first couple of laps.
It got a bit boring after the first 4 laps, Senna in the lead, safety car out, so I thought, I'll just switch it off for a bit, then turn it back on for the last 10 laps or so.
Probably about 30 seconds after turning the tv off, Senna crashed at Tamburello, the rest is history.

When I turned the tv back on, Murray Walker sounded like he was crying/had a cry, and I started freaking out. I'm thinking, if Murray Walker isn't jumping up and down while commentating, something really bad has happened.
It wasn't till the last couple of laps when Murray revised what had happened, I nearly went into shock.

I've missed races from that point on, but I try to tape every single race and keep the highlights/lowlights for prosperity.
Date: April 11, 2002 01:08AM
Posted by: Rupert
I missed Malaysia this year because of a f**ked up VCR. Missed the whole 'debate' but have seen onboard footage from JPM.

MS's fault, ;-)

I also missed Japan last year.

Ozzy
Date: April 12, 2002 12:48PM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

"Do you remember the last Grand Prix you did not watch??"

Belgium 2001, i was working. Before that i missed every GP from April 2001 to belgium 2001.

I missed stuff like Burti flying and Burtis injuring himself and ......wait, to much bout Burti here ;)

I only watched the highlights come 1am or so

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy