GP3 Internet Access

Posted by W1lliams 
GP3 Internet Access
Date: April 08, 2002 01:58PM
Posted by: W1lliams
Whenever I run GP3 my firewall says it is trying to access the internet, why would it want to do this?

It is the original of course, I don't copy *good* games!

David ;-)

[groups.yahoo.com]
Re: GP3 Internet Access
Date: April 08, 2002 02:13PM
Posted by: Vader
Maybe it is the online registration feature that tries to find its way home to Microprose?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 08, 2002 02:25PM
Posted by: Farieda
Why would you want a copy of a bad game?

peace.
Date: April 08, 2002 02:50PM
No but I have bought plenty of bad games before. I did originally have a copy of GP3 but I liked it so much I bought it and then the GP3 2000 add on disk!

Naughty naughty!

David ;-)

[groups.yahoo.com]
Date: April 08, 2002 03:00PM
Posted by: Farieda
Oh. well, if you call that naughty then i don't want to know what i'd be.

i deny everything. :)
Date: April 09, 2002 01:50PM
Sorry to reply to my own thread but this just might help somebody.

I have a cable (always on connection) so every time I play GP3 it asks if it can access the internet. Today I played with my firewall off (I know risky) and the game asked me to insert the original GP3 CD (I was using GP3 2000)

I did this and no trouble but the carset I tried to use (2k2) didn;t work. I tried again with firewall on and said no you naughty GP3 you can't access the net, and the new carset worked fine!

So do the big cheeses at Microprose not like addons which they aren't takijng a cut of?

Hope this is of use to someone.

David ;-)

[groups.yahoo.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy