DOES GP3 WORK ON A WINDOWS ME (MILLENNIUM) PLATFORM??????

Posted by acmatteo 
Can anyone tell me whether GP 3 works on Windows ME???
I get the following error message when attempting to run the setup..
"setup failed to launch installation engine, no such interface supported"
don't worry when someone has an answer you'll get a decent reply. Adding more of the same posts won't help mate.

Cai
whatever..
Yo Sup

morbid runs ME and runs GP3/GP3 2000 ok, i dont see why your isnt.

Yes ME will play GP3, as for that error, sorry cant help

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Yeah I have win me and I have no problems, perhaps your win me have problems , and now need a format to clean everything .
Just an hint....
Watch out, here comes Bruno "brute force" Marques.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
hum???
lol
brute force ??????
Bruno -
I just meant there could be more, well ... err ... subtle ways of dealing with a problem then immediately start to do a "format c:\". This is what I would call brute force. (What? My "temp" folder is full? Ha, I 'll do a format C:\!)

Matthew -
I have no expirience with WinME, but you might want to check tghe official Microsoft pages if there is a service update that adds full game support.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Yo Sup

"When it comes to Windows, if brute force ist working, your not using enough"

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
yeah vader I understood right
but don´t forget that windows me should have no problem with gp3 ... that´s why i told to do a format , he may have deleted something important for windows me.
He might try to reinstall it over his existing installation. If windows complains that he alreayd has installed WinXP, he just has to rename his win.com (in windows main directory) to something like win.oldcom, and start to reinstall WinXP into the original folder (I guess it is c:\windows) again

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Hi,

I can't offer any specific advice but since upgrading from ME to XP Grand Prix 3 and Grand Prix 3 2000 have run in a far more stable fashion than they used to. In fact, so has pretty much every piece of software I use!

Keith C.
I was just talking to my brother and co-superhero, GOOGLE-MAN and he showed me this link:

[www.quickbooks.com]
[www.quickbooks.com]

Where is HTML-MAN?

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."
(Matthew 7,7)
I got Windows ME and I run GP3 and GP3 2000 without a problem!
I wouldn't be too sure about the message you receive when you try to run the setup. I think, your machine just need a bit of cleaning up some crap.
Do not just format it for the sake of it. There's a more simple way, to deal with things like that.

Try what I told Dave West on thursday, he had a silmilar problem...

1- Remove GP3 from your computer!
2- Delete all GP3 remaining folders; C drive/Program Files/Microprose
3- Delete all temporary folders by following this instructions:

Click on the Start button
Click on Search (I think in Windows 98 is called Find)
Click on For files or folders...
When the new screen comes up, select the C drive under Look in
CAREFUL, MUST BE THE C DRIVE
In the box under Search for files or folders type *.tmp;~*.*
Click on Search or Find and wait for the results to come up
If you don't have any temporary folders, your done!
If you have... click on Edit/Select all, and hit the delete button on your keyboard, now you're done
All these temporary folders are now on your Recycle Bin, so empty it
Now, the next step is to Shut down your machine, DO NOT RESTART IT
Just shut it down, wait at least 10 seconds and turn it back on
Now try to reinstall GP3 again

Let me know how you get on!
F Caballero
"If a problem has not got solution, it's not a problem"

Here is a man that really knows the difference between problems and mere difficulties. The term problem is derived from greek problema and means: anything thrown forward, a question proposed for solution.
Therefore, people who don't know how to import season 2002 data to GP3 addon don't have a problem in the strict sense of the term, but simply encounter some difficulties. If these difficulties need to be solved and this is done in a systematical way, we have a problem - a question thrown forward to be answered.
It all leads up to the forms of contradiction:

The first form is the simple question, since it means there is a contradiction between what is and what has been understood. This can be due to accoustical or intellectual reasons. Normally this contradiction can easily be solved by a simple answer.

The next one is the difficulty which already needs more efford to be removed. Still it can be done, in most cases by simply removing the obstacle.

We already discussed what a problem is. Here we find a much harder contradiction between what is and what should be*. A problem needs a systematical approach. It can be solved, since the idea (concept) of solution is already immanent in the idea of problem.

The next step is even harder. We now encounter the aporia, the greek term for a puzzle (literally, "with no pathway";). It is harder to solve, since the problem is illogical in itself. A good example is the question how to start thinking. You cannot decide to start thinking, since if you decide to do it, you have already done it. Since, however, one thought must have been the first, you must have started from there. Again, you cannot have started, since being a human, thinking is essential to you and you can thus have never been "outside" of thinking, i.e. rationality. The question is: can thinking have triggered off thinking without having been caused by thinking before? This aporia can only be solved by approaching it in terms of dialetics from a so-called meta-perspective.

The last two forms of contradictions are the antinomy and - you may have heard it before - the paradoxon. The first one is a pair of equally defensible yet contradictory conclusions. "The world is endless" and "The world has a beginning" is a famous example Kant came up with in his "Critique of Pure Reason".

The paradox is an absurd truth. Hence, the derivation of an unacceptable conclusion from apparently unquestionable premises by an apparently valid inference. Resolution of a paradox requires that we abandon at least one of the premises, refute the process of inference, or somehow learn to live with the unpalatable result.

For further information refer to G.F.W. Hegel's "Phenomenology of Spirit" and/or "Science of Logic".

So the first one to start another problem with "I have a problem" after reading this, will get shot immediately.

* forgive these unprecise terminology, but I tried to explain matters as simple as possible.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
So the first one to start another problem with "I have a problem" after reading this, will get shot immediately.

asghkas ahfs sf sufwn ldf!!!!!!!

Should have been:

So the first to start another [/i]thread with "I have a problem" after reading this, will get shot immediately.
Thanks guys. After all of that I think I might reinstall windows. I have a win2000 machine also which has no probs running GP3. But my 2000 machine is a P2, My ME is a P3 450. Might install 2000 on my P3 machine.
Yo Sup

Windows..................

Yo Sup

Or even Microsoft........

but in saying that the wonderfull people over at linux are working there asses off, still no real solution yet tho.......

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy