awful static sounds after first pit

Posted by jonjacques 
awful static sounds after first pit
Date: April 06, 2002 04:13PM
Posted by: jonjacques
Help, help. After the first stop in practice or in friday practice incredible static and noise which disappears after pitting again. It returns on every other trip out of the pits. Any ideas? jj
Re: awful static sounds after first pit
Date: April 06, 2002 06:25PM
Posted by: Vader
Did you edit or replace the original sound file? Or is it just the normal sound of the (fake-)automatic revlimiter when you are in the pits?

To answer your question it would also be helpful to tell us which version of GP3 or the Official Season 2000 Update you run and which modifications you made to the original files (like installing a new full-season patch that might have come with a new sound-file)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 06, 2002 06:25PM
Are you really from Alaska? Cool!

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 06, 2002 07:12PM
yes I am and we take racing very seriously here--F1 and rallying. I am using gp3 w/v1.13 patch, the gpx patch, the new 2002 season carset (from this site). This weekend I hope to hook two machines together for the side-by-each racing experience. Thanks for the quick response. Actually I have two problems, the first is a lag in video usually at the end of the pits or within a corner or two (not a huge problem) and then the sound gremlin which usually starts within a half a lap or so with the static coming and going usually drowning out the car sounds. Don't know if the problems are related. Checked the gpx logs to see if anything was there, but nothing related to sound. Alot of debugging events though--I'm not sure if that is normal or not.
Date: April 06, 2002 07:25PM
Posted by: Zcott
Have you tried starting GP3 normally, without GPxPatch?
Date: April 06, 2002 08:35PM
This sound gremlin could be your plank scratching the tarmac. This happens if the ride height is too low or you have not enough dampers. Go out for 3 laps (1 out, 1 fast, 1 in) with your usual setup, and have a look at car-setup/advanced/inspect vehicle. If you detect too much plank wear, you can bet your right arm that you found your gremlin there.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 07, 2002 12:47AM
this is a sound card issue as it does it every other stop with the same settings for plank. It is a white noise type of static as I am quite familar with the scraping plank noise. This is weird intermitent static which is pretty constant although rising at times until I pit and go back out and it is fine until I pit again and it comes back. Total weirdness. I don't want to have to reinstall everything again. I am going to try to run w/o patch and see if that might work. thanks. jj
Date: April 07, 2002 12:48AM
no that is the game plan for tomorrow, I might also try to hook up my office computer so I can try side by side without the patch initially.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy