Ages??????

Posted by genesis 
Re: Ages??????
Date: April 09, 2002 06:12AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
G'day all..

You outshone me, Rupes...Well I'll tell my story of how I got into gaming, not just f1....

OK, the year's 1990, I'm 4 years old, and we have this really really dodgey computer....i dont know what it was, but it was well before 3 1/4 inch diskettes. Dad used it to analyse his stock commodities thingies, and the games that were on it included "Trains", "Lemmings" (what a classic), "DigDug" "SpaceWars" and "Alley Cat". With such a huge selection of quality games, how could I not get into games?

So at the humble age of 4 I became handy with the computer. At the age of 6, I purchased my first ever computer game - "Cool Croc Twins" Unfortunately a year or so later it was erased and the disk was corrupted, so I never got to play it again. Sometimes when I think about that I feel a deep loss inside, because playing it would bring back so many memories I'm not sure how I'd manage.

Between the ages of 7 - 13 I got continually better performing computers, and played a variety of games including the Command and Conquer series, all 3 civilizations, NFS, GTA, Carmageddon, Cricket World Cup. Then I got heavily involved in Diablo 2, but gave that up about a year ago and I've never seen it since. Gp3 has been with me for the past year and a half, although the current game I'm playing is Red Alert 2, and I'm not doing too bad at it, at the moment I'm ranked 15th in Australia.

Who knows what the next phase of my gaming will be? I'm thinking it'll move into the X-Box, although in 1997 I got a Nintendo 64 and now that's just getting dusty, and the computer's getting a constant work out so I don't know how far consoles will take me. I'll keep you posted though! ;)

Date: April 09, 2002 07:02AM
Posted by: Zcott
You guys are crazy. :P

My dad is a big F1 fan, and has been for a long time now. So it became a bit of a tradition to sit me down as a youngster in front of the TV with my dad to watch these races. And I loved them! The first race I remember watching was Canada '89, as a 7 year old. I rarely missed a race. But it was only around 1995-time that I started wanting to watch every race and qualifying session live. Before that I was happy to see the re-runs of the night time races. And since then, I've hardly missed a race. The only times I've missed them have been when I've been out at something horribly compulsory to attend. Otherwise the F1 is my preference. And since my dad is a big F1 fan (as well as his brother, both big MS fans and me being a Damon fan) we all went off to see two GPs as well.

As for gaming....I always liked any kind of racing game. I borrowed Nigel Mansell for the SNES and loved it. Any kind of game that involved cars or racing I really liked. I later progressed to Mario Kart, which I became a bit of a master of...! My first game on the PC was Destruction Derby, but since my PC wasn't the best, things were a bit slow. I got a Pentium 100 a few years ago and borrowed GP2 off a friend. Man, I loved that game! I played it almost non-stop. Although when I decided my P100 wasn't really up to it, I gave it up for a while. When GP3 came along, I borrowed it initially from a friend, and then went out and bought it. It's a rather fantastic game. I also bought the 2000 addon.

I love racing games, though. Whether it's rally, F1, sportscars, karts, or even crazy things....I just love to race them. :D
Date: April 09, 2002 07:16AM
Posted by: bazza
Seen as everyone is putting their gamig life story in, I might as well join in.

It started in about 1989/90, around about that time, when I got my first computer, an Atari STE 1040. The first game I got was Lotus Espirit Turbo Challenge. It was great at the time, but I guess the track came towards you more than you raced along it. There were black and red stripes on the road, to give an impression of speed.

I had many other classics for the Atari, including, Vroom 2, Lemmings, Sensible Soccer (sorry Ellis), Kick Off 2 (and again), Championship Manager '93 (and once more), and loads that I've forgotten.

I got a PSX for Christmas in either '96 or '97, can't remember which. The first game I got for that was another racing game TOCA Touring Cars, it was just out. I still have the PSX but hardly play it at all. My collection includes 17 games, 11 of them are racing/ driving games. TOCA 1, TOCA 2, TOCA WTC, F1 2000, Gran Turismo, Formula Karts, Le Mans 24 hours, Colin MCRae 2, Driver, Nascar 2001, Colin McRae 1, I'm sure there's one more, I'll just check.......nope.

In 1999, at Christmas, I got this PC. I had a few motorsport games, Colin McRae 1, GP 500 and Grand Prix World.

At Easter in 2001 I was visiting people in Hexham, near Newcastle, about 2 and 1/2 hours drive from here in Glasgow. While down there I came across this game for there PC. "Grand Prix 3 by Geoff Crammond" I think it was called. I played it and enjoyed it, but thought to myself, "It's a bit old". Anyway I got home a couple of days later and was at my cousins house. They had this game, that I had played, but wouldn't work on their computer, (they had a really p1sh graphics card). I borrowed it for a bit, checked the internet for updates, and came across this site. I had a look on the forum, or the Phorum as it was then. This got me into one of the most addictive games ever. It also made me a regular visiter, although my posts may be few and far between.

Roll on GP4

Bazza

Date: April 09, 2002 09:09AM
Posted by: jkronin
28. and i can do it all night long.
Date: April 09, 2002 09:31AM
Posted by: Zaahir
well, i just turned 18 last week. very deperessed. the teens are ending...
Date: April 09, 2002 10:05AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
my life story, accurate an to the point:

I was born
I will die

Date: April 09, 2002 10:26AM
Posted by: andy..
18, but nearly 19.... already i can tell that i am going to become a bitter old man in his arm chair, constantly complaining about the youth of the day.

but it's my problem, i'll deal with it : )

if at first you don't succeed, try again, then.... give up
Date: April 09, 2002 11:05AM
Posted by: Timm
I'm 34 but I'll be 33 in september
Date: April 09, 2002 02:15PM
Posted by: genesis
okay guys, one more post, then its a half century and a personal best pour moi.
Date: April 09, 2002 02:21PM
Posted by: bazza
Yeah, I got a good reply when I asked this in the old phorum, let's see if SEARCHBUTTON-MAN can find out how many exactly.

Bazza

Date: April 09, 2002 02:59PM
Posted by: Pako
31, BUT RIGHT NOW I FEEL LIKE 51.
Date: April 09, 2002 03:40PM
Posted by: jordangp2001
it this an old folks homw where everyone is complaining?

i guess you were so wrong Cai:

Can I just ask all members of the forum how old they are?? I continously get the impression that you are all like 10-12 year olds, but please prove me wrong.

Date: April 09, 2002 03:51PM
Posted by: Felipe
Dudes,

I'll be 56 in July. I check out this forum several times each week. I've learned an immense amount about GP3 and 2000 Add On from you tikes.

Thanks for all your help.
Date: April 09, 2002 04:41PM
Posted by: genesis
Well, I asked you to prove me wrong, didn't I? And you have, so......well a waste of time but like I say a personal best of posts for a thread, so thank you for that.
Date: April 09, 2002 05:06PM
Posted by: Glory_G
saw Stewarts victory at the ring...

[monitorsports.kicks-ass.org]
Date: April 10, 2002 08:43AM
Posted by: Vader
I just celebrated my 74th anniversary - a new record for me, since I haven't got that far before. I am from the patriachal line of those Lords of Vader. My family reaches back to the times of the ancient greeks. where on of my forefathers, was a known philosopher, medical man and plumper. His name was Vados (350 - 270 BC) and he was mentioned by Diogenes Laertius in his famous book Lives of Eminent Philosophers.
Gaius Vaderus was a well known censor and later tribune in the roman empire. (I also have realtives in in Ireland (

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 10, 2002 10:43AM
Posted by: LS.
i'd be interested to find out what interseted? means

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: April 10, 2002 11:36AM
Posted by: jordangp2001
"Gaius Vaderus was a well known censor and later tribune in the roman empire. (I also have realtives in in Ireland (
Date: April 10, 2002 01:09PM
Posted by: akira
Boba LS -
interseted was a typo. Of course it should have been interseated, which means people who are sitting between two chairs (the German equivalent to the English proverb "to sit on the fence";)

---------------

Watashi no yagi wa byoki de, tasukeru koto ga dekimasu ka?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy