Which steering wheel do you recommend?

Posted by RobH 
Date: April 05, 2002 03:36PM
Posted by: RobH
After getting GP3 I want to upgrade my old Thrustmaster Pro to a force feedback steering wheel which will be plug & play. What about the new Thrustmaster Guillermont (sp?) Ferrari version with finger and stick shifters?
Any suggestions or warnings would be much appreciated. What are your experiences? Thanks!
Re: Which steering wheel do you recommend?
Date: April 05, 2002 03:56PM
Posted by: Vader
most ppl would agree that the Microsoft wheel is the best. Force Feedback or not is a matter of taste, I would say yes, Morbid will say no.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 06, 2002 01:48AM
Posted by: _Alex_
However, a lot of ppl would agree that the Logitech Wingman Formula Force GP is the best (inc. me). The Wingman FF feels really nice to hold, the FFB is very good, but above all, it's a lot cheaper than the Microsoft wheel. I picked it up at [www.technoworld.com] for £45.

The only complaint I have would be the poor clamping system, which usually lets the wheel fall off the desk into your hands every so often. But it's only a minor problem that can be fixed by inserting little bits of rubber there or something.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: April 06, 2002 02:43PM
Posted by: W1lliams
-Alex- wrote:
>
> However, a lot of ppl would agree that the Logitech Wingman
> Formula Force GP is the best (inc. me). The Wingman FF feels
> really nice to hold, the FFB is very good, but above all,
> it's a lot cheaper than the Microsoft wheel. I picked it up
> at [www.technoworld.com] for £45.
>
> The only complaint I have would be the poor clamping system,
> which usually lets the wheel fall off the desk into your
> hands every so often. But it's only a minor problem that can
> be fixed by inserting little bits of rubber there or something.
>
>

I wonder if Sauber did that for Kimi after Imola last season? Ahh we need some little bits of rubber or something to fix that steering wheel!

I am getting the MS one.

David ;-)

[groups.yahoo.com]
Date: April 06, 2002 03:14PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Ferrari one is a great buy, i recommend it

Date: April 07, 2002 08:34AM
Posted by: LatexFanClub
Hi,

I have a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel which to my astonishment has stood up to nearly 2 1/2 years of frequent use, including God knows how many seasons of GP3, TOCA2, GPLegends, Colin McRae Rally etc...

I thoroughly recommend it.

Keith C.
Date: April 07, 2002 08:48AM
Posted by: Vader
I have a Saitek F4 Force Wheel, the only one with real F1 design. Sadly it is not being produced anymore.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 07, 2002 09:02AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Well to tell the truth, although the Ferrari one is very good, i recently got it updated, the origional stopped working and the new one ermm doesnt work very well with gp3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy