A Request To Fellow Forum Members...

Posted by Rupert 
Re: A Request To Fellow Forum Members...
Date: March 31, 2002 05:18PM
Posted by: LS.
Ozzy what system spec you running f12001?

after reading your passionate post about how much you enjoy F1 2001 i felt i should re install it and give it another chance.

i have it running at a decent framerate, but to be honest the "out of the box" graphics are pig ugly

i have visited a few sites and looked up the updates made by the f12001 community and they look promising so i am prepared to keep an open mind at htis moment in time

but my questions to you are

are you using a Forcefeedback steering wheel? i am using the microsoft FFB wheel and the response is very poor, better in gp3 i feel

what resolution are you playing in and what level of graphical detail do have switched on?

i have it running at 1280 x 1024 with full detail on everything, but i expect it to look better after i apply the patches made by the community .

what does yours play like after you have tweaked to suit your system?

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: April 01, 2002 03:48AM
Posted by: Rupert
LS, I am running an Athlon 1600 with 256 DDR Ram and a 64 Meg GeForce 2 GTS. I am not sure of the detanator drivers, where can I check what version I am running??????????

I like the track graphics, they are very detailed. Sometimes bridge adverts flicker, but mostly they are alright. I have updated the cars with Ralph's 2001 carset. His 2002 version is coming out soon, I hope.

I am not running a FF wheel, I use the non-FF Micro$oft version. You say the Force-Feedback is poor. Have you downloaded the update patch? Apparently the FF is very good, almost as good as GPL.

[www.simbin.com]

This has a post patch review of the game, mentioning FF and other updates. People who are interested in the game could read this.

I have varied with Graphics Resolution and detail, because I am not sure what version of Detanators make the game run best. I have been running 1024 x 768 x 32 with pretty much full or high, with special effects turned off, because that gives me a frame rate kill.

It runs pretty well, but I have only really driven on test days because I am trying to learn the tracks and get lap times for all of them. I feel the game running smoothly, but I have never tried FRAPS with it, so I am not sure how well it actually is running.

Ozzy
Date: April 01, 2002 04:36AM
Posted by: _Alex_
Apparently the FF is very good, almost as good as GPL

Rupert I haven't got the GPL FF to work yet? You can enable it with VROC but most of the time when I enable it GPL crashes? Any ideas?

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: April 01, 2002 05:29AM
Posted by: Rupert
Ask around at some GPL sites.

[www.racesimcentral.com] is a great place to start. I think you have to edit your core.ini.

But the forums there are great, and the people are really helpful.

Ozzy
Date: April 01, 2002 09:19AM
Posted by: matthewp
well once you get the patches f1 2001 works very well, and i've got a Duron 750Mhz with a Geforce 2 card, I can run the game at 1024*768 at well over 40fps.

I would definately recommend F1 2001, a lot of Gp3 people get into the habbit of assuming other F1 games are crap and that geoff is god, I used to be like this but when I looked at all the features F1 2001 has that Gp3 doesn't it made me realise that gp3 should have been a hell of a lot better than it was and I for one won't be buying GP4 just for its reputation. If its out for a while and gets good reviews then i'll buy it.
Date: April 02, 2002 01:23AM
Posted by: _Alex_
Cheers Rupert. I might just try out F1 2001. Although if it's anything like the PS2 version then I fear the worst.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy