Brake Not working on XP

Posted by teamhd 
Brake Not working on XP
Date: March 29, 2002 09:47PM
Posted by: teamhd
I know this has been writen about but I'm still having big problems getting my MS FF Wheel (non USB) working in GP3.

Here's a run down of whats what on my PC.

OS is WinXP Pro
Running GP3 out of box version (not patched at all)
No Sidewinder software installed because XP won't let you but XP will use the XP drivers.

Things I've tryed.

Setup the wheel in Game Controllers and calibrated it. The pedals are not on the same axis as is normal with the sidewinder software. It seems the brake is on its own axis which XP reports to games.

Go into GP3 and configured the wheel using a custom setting with "Control Driven Calibration" set. This allows you to use the Wheel and accelerator but not the brake.

I've tried setting the brake using the IRZ axis but I can't find it. It is no were to be seen and everything I've tryed just does not work.

Help please. I don't want to buy a new wheel but I don't want to miss out on GP3.
Re: Brake Not working on XP
Date: March 30, 2002 04:17AM
Posted by: _Alex_
Try loading the control set that comes on the Grand Prix 3 CD. It found it worked much better than if you try to calibrate the wheel on your own. When I calibrated my Wingman, it defaulted to using the same shifter for up and down which was crap, but then if you load the control set off the CD it configures it perfectly, and you only need to do a quick calibration them fiddle around with the sensitivity zones...etc to get it as precise as you want it.

Look in the extras section on your CD and you'll find a control set for the MS Sidewinder wheel, then just follow the quick callibration instructions and all should be well. Good luck!

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Re: Brake Not working on XP
Date: March 30, 2002 01:23PM
Posted by: Glyn
I had more or less the same problem, see my post called 'Weird Brake Problem' It'll probably sort you out.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy