A thread composed by... ME?!?!

Posted by MikaHalpinen 
A thread composed by... ME?!?!
Date: March 29, 2002 04:12AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
G'day All...

Interesting, I'm more of a replier than a composer... but nonetheless, there's not much more to reply to now, I've replied it all. So here I am!

sooo... today was Good Friday. Once, when I was 7 or so, I said "Alleluia" after being instructed not to do so on such a sacred day. Sure enough, about 5 minutes later the Bible fell off the table and landed square on my foot!

Today's the day that all Jews deny any knowledge of events that happened 2000 years ago, and Christians watch endless repeats of Jesus Movies. And also swear and be generally pissed off they cant eat a ham sandwhich they've got a centimetre away from their mouth that they made forgetting about Good Friday. Well that's what happened to me today, anwyay.

If it's not too personal, what is everyone's Religion? I've never thought about that before.. I'm a Catholic myself.

Re: A thread composed by... ME?!?!
Date: March 29, 2002 04:25AM
Posted by: Vader
I am demonish ...

Though I have some insight into the metaphysical (cosmology, teleology and ontology) of Christianity, especially concerning the middle ages.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 29, 2002 04:49AM
Posted by: Charlie
still im looking forward to Ben Hur this afternoon

Date: March 29, 2002 05:08AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Religion, dunno never checked.

Nah im christian, as is virtually everyone in europe

Date: March 29, 2002 05:09AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
But not exaclty a good one, i mean i never go to church, or do all the strict stuff and i ate meat today.

Date: March 29, 2002 05:10AM
Posted by: ralph
Vader - If you're the dark lord you must be left-handed?

Personally I'm not religious (thank god!).
Date: March 29, 2002 06:39AM
Posted by: Zcott
Living in Northern ireland, religion is a bit of a touchy subject. I'm supposedly a protestant, but I just say I'm neither catholic or protestant most of the time. :-)
Date: March 29, 2002 06:59AM
Posted by: Morbid
You would I need faith, when I can push a dude like Slayerton Gutberg around? He is the one the believes...

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: March 29, 2002 07:01AM
Argh! I have been punished for my HYBRIS, by the God of typos!

*He is the one that believes...

Date: March 29, 2002 07:39AM
Vader - If you're the dark lord you must be left-handed?

I must admit that in VADER'S WACKY WORLD OF WEIRDNESS this is the most bizarre question someone has asked me so far.
Hey, I a Demon! i can have as many hands as I want.
Before you ask me if silver bulletts or garlic do any harm to me: they do NOT.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 29, 2002 09:39AM
I never for one moment assumed they would. I ask because beelzebub himself was a leftie and the word sinister is derived from the latin sinistra, meaning left (left-handedness is a minor obsession of mine).

I was thinking with us both being bearded oldies of questionable sanity if you were left handed too we may be evil twins seperated at birth by authorities fearful that left together we would conquer the known universe. When we do this we should make umberellas illegal for everyone except fishermen or a golfers (although that's a bit of a trick because golf will be illegal too!).
Date: March 29, 2002 10:59AM
Ralph -
please, please, please: Never shave! You are welcome to Vader's Wacky World of Weirdness.

I am most of the time right-handed, but that could mean that originally my left side was grown together with your right side before they seperated us at birth. The strange thing is that I already have a twin in this forum, namely Morbid the Wise. So we must be triplets (german word is "drilling"- funny, eh?). Like the three Stooges or Huey, Dewey and Louie.

Now I got a good idea! We should take in another brother to the family and call ourself the "Four Horsemen of Apocalypse" : Death, Famine, Pestilence and War. (these four are good bridge players). If not, we could at least operate under the name of "THE 3 FOUR HORSEMEN"

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 29, 2002 11:16AM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

I have no religion as Christianity has many contradictions and its not possible for someone to proove there religion is true, so i see no reason to follow something to which there is no proof is exists.

When somone prooves there religion is ture i will follow

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 29, 2002 11:27AM
Posted by: LS.
RELIGION IS NOTHING COMPARED TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: March 29, 2002 11:28AM
than prove that I exist :)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 29, 2002 11:35AM
Or the four horsepower of the apocalypse if you've seen some of my laptimes recently!

Don't worry about the shaving. It was laziness that grew the beard in the first place. Even my haircuts are lazy. Shaved head (oops), then nothing until I can't see, then shaved head again (about once every three months).
Date: March 29, 2002 11:50AM
When still at the army, I once have been involved in a pretty good discussion on religion with an officer. This is what happened back then: The officer sneered back at me, mocking me: "Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerer's ways, Lord Vader. Your sad devotion to that ancient religion has not helped you conjure up the stolen data tapes, or given you clairvoyance enough to find the Rebel's hidden fortress..." Raising one black armored fist, I gave the skeptical officer a demonstration of the powers of the Force. I command the mystical, evil power of the Force to telekinetically strangle the officer: "I find your lack of faith disturbing."

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 29, 2002 12:17PM
Listen Ralph and Vader, you are going to love this one.

When I was born, my doctors and hence my parents worried about whether or not I was left handed, since they never saw me use my right hand for anything. Later on, it turned out that they had observed wrongly. I was ambidexterous by birth and used both hands equally well at all tasks. Sadly, the wisdom of the public schools handwriting teaching program taught me to use my right hand... But I still use my left hand better than most people.

And regarding the hair on the head. I believe that no one here has a more impressive beard than me. Beard in the traditional place-a-that-covers-your chin-and-upper-lip-and-cut-along-the-rim fashion, but with the added twist of a 10cm goatee. The rest gets shaved about once every 3 weeks, so it alternates between a clean cut and a full grown beard.

And did you know that the ancient greek (this is before christianity!) word for supreme being, as in a god, is: daimon...

Date: March 29, 2002 12:40PM
yes, but daimon is also a force inside every human being, like a personalized soul or a guardian angel-like demon which greeks did listen to. The term eudaimonia for "bliss" points into this direction. In wordly translation it means: "satisfying the inner demon"

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 29, 2002 03:15PM
Posted by: Rupert
Let us see, Oh Morbid! Anyway.........I never imagined you to be the bearded type.........;-)
I am A Christian, an Anglican to be exact. It doesnt really bother me.

Ozzy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy