Hard or Soft Tyres?

Posted by jmajluff 
Hard or Soft Tyres?
Date: March 27, 2002 02:47PM
Posted by: jmajluff
Hi!!
I want to know which tyres are convenient for each original circuit, in dry conditions. Thank.......and NEED ANSWER!!!!!!

What tyres (hard or soft dry) is convenient for each circuit??
Re: Hard or Soft Tyres?
Date: March 27, 2002 03:13PM
Posted by: Morbid
It depends. In my experience it is almost always good to pick the hard compound in the original gp3, because the tyre wear ratio is so absurd. But in Gp3-2000, you can use both compounds on almost all tracks with success.

The trick is to get your choice of tyre to fit into your style and chosen pit strategy for the track you are at. If you like going fast, like overtaking a lot, have a high amount of tyre wear, and generally like softer springers, go for the extra pits stops and the soft compound. If you like higher springs settings, are good at conserving your tyres and don't mind cruising behind the AI and just waiting for the right time to pounce, but also overtaking less, then go for the hard compound and fewer pit stops.

There really isn't a "right" and a "wrong" tyre choice. It depends on how you like your races and how you like the car...

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Re: Hard or Soft Tyres?
Date: March 28, 2002 04:32AM
Posted by: Zaahir
that is very true. soft tyre wear is INSANE! i'm surprised most games havnt got this right. in f1rc, u have to use a 3 stopper strategy because the tyres become so crap!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy