need help with my connection..

Posted by Andy 
need help with my connection..
Date: March 14, 2002 03:29PM
Posted by: Andy
Hey ppl.

my internet connection automatically logs off after 2 hours, this is extremely annoying when in the middle of a download. Even though i now have download programs, i would like to be able to leave it on during the night if poss. Any help would be welcomed! thanx alot.

Andy
Re: need help with my connection..
Date: March 14, 2002 05:09PM
Posted by: LS.
firstly allow your dial connection to redial automatically (its in the settings somewhere.

then leave outlook express running and set it to check for emails every 4 minutes, that way when your 2 limit is up and it tries to connect it will automatically reconnect again

go and downdownload a programme called gozilla from here

[www.gozilla.com]

this will resume what ever your downloading without any loss of data

so when you get up in the morning your download we either still be downloading ( depends on how big the file is) or will be completed and ready for you to use

hope this helps

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: March 15, 2002 06:54AM
Posted by: mortal
that's some pretty crap isp you got yourself there mate, your not living in a cave or a hole in the ground are you?

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: March 15, 2002 07:09AM
Posted by: Zcott
Almost all dial-up ISPs in the UK do that mortalwombat....it's rather irritating!
Date: March 15, 2002 05:49PM
Posted by: mortal
2 hrs? that sucks big time, when isp's do it here it's at 4 hrs minimum, at least you have a chance to get that download ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: March 15, 2002 06:11PM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

If you use Freeserve HomeTimes then its random. I have been connected for 7 hourd with no problem and then theres times when i get cut off 10 times in an hour!!

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy