"DirectX not installed"

Posted by Tanzarian 
"DirectX not installed"
Date: March 08, 2002 11:54PM
Posted by: Tanzarian
I just got the game (it was on sale in one of those bargain packs) and whenever I try to run it I get a "DirectX not installed" error. I'm pretty sure this is because the game uses DirectX 7 and I've got DirectX 8.1. Is there any way to fix this other than using a DirectX uninstalled and installing DX7 again?
I've tried the game with my steering wheel (Logitech WingMan Formula) installed and not installed and I've got the latest patch (1.13).

Here are my system specs:

Win98
Hurcules GeForce II MX400 (using Detonator 23.11 drivers)
Duron 850 MHz
320 Meg SDRAM
Asus A7V133 Motherboard
Guillemot Muse Sound Card

Thanks for any help.
Re: "DirectX not installed"
Date: March 09, 2002 12:18AM
Update: I've also tried the game on this computer with the 21.83 Detonator drivers and another computer:

Win98
TNT2 (21.83 detonoators)
Asus A7V133-C
DirectX 8.0
Duron 800 MHz
192 MB SDRAM

Thanks again
Date: March 09, 2002 03:07AM
Posted by: Beardless2
go to start, run, and then type "dxdiag". See what the directx pop up box says. It may tell you whats wrong

Band of the week: Muse
Game of the week: Call of Duty

Beardless2

AMD XP 2700+ | Asus A7N8X nForce 2 Deluxe | 1 GB PC2700 RAM DC | ATI RADEON 9800 | WD 120GB 8MB | NEC 16x DVD | Lite-on 48x24x48 | XP
Date: March 09, 2002 07:09AM
Posted by: Zcott
err....it has to do with the Logitech stuff you have. Use the search function for Logitech and DirectX.
Date: March 09, 2002 01:22PM
Posted by: Morbid
If you do not get any useful information, it is because the posts zcott are thinking of are in the archive (or Archiv). There is a link to it at the buttom of this page.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: March 09, 2002 04:54PM
Thanks, it looks like its a problem with my Gravis gamepad. When I searched for the problem last time I forgot to turn off that "past 30 days" thing :) Anyway, I should be able to find a solution somewhere here.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy