Half-Life problem

Posted by Ellis 
Half-Life problem
Date: March 08, 2002 01:31PM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

I know i know, all i seem to do is fill up this forum with computer problems but i get the best answers here. I didnt go to a half-life forum cos of the responces i got last time (yes, i did try there search button though)

My half-life will not recognise the CD, simple as that. I run hl.exe and then go to load game, or new game, or whatever and it asks for the HL CD, which is already in the drive, so i press ok, and it asks for it again, and again and again.............

I have tried running the game from the disc, so the start menu comes up and i slect "play half-life" and it loads the game, and when i try to do something "please instert half-life CD". I have tried it in both my CD drives and both give the same effect. It recognises the CD in windows then in the game it doesnt.

Any help? Thanx (again)

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Re: Half-Life problem
Date: March 08, 2002 01:46PM
Yo Sup

Ok, fixed that problem, i just turned off compatibility mode and all wored fine.

But in doing so half life nows runs in a box just over half the size of the screen. >:(

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 08, 2002 01:48PM
Yo Sup

Ok, just fixed that too and everything is huncky-doary

Dont you hate it when you answer your own questions :p

Date: March 08, 2002 02:02PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Well, at least you answered them (and thats another person on the Gp3 forum server list ;))

Date: March 08, 2002 03:19PM
Yo Sup

Well i have CS but not installed and i dont have the updates and since my modem is connecting at 28.8 it'll take bout 3months to download it then my ping would suck

Date: March 08, 2002 03:19PM
Posted by: Habi
Yeah Ellis install CS and we will tell you the IP ;)

Date: March 08, 2002 03:43PM
Yo Sup

Im downloading the full version of the Mod :S only 100Mb, bout 7-8hours to go. Oh joy.

I have the retail and the upgrade for that is 75Mb then you have to go download all the missing maps and the patch to fix the names which takes you over the 100Mb so downloading the full mod is easier.

1.4 is out soon, so some more big downloads to come for alot of people

Date: March 08, 2002 03:49PM
Yeah, the biggest i ever downloaded was MOH demo (138 mb) on my good ole 56K ;) .

Make sure you are using Get-Right or GoZilla! (i use get-right) so that if the d.l dies cut off, you can always re-start from where it cut off

Date: March 08, 2002 03:55PM
Yo Sup

XP has a sort of built in download manager. You can can carry on where you get cut off. GetRight keeps giving me the equivenelt to illegal opps so i del it and GoZilla is so bloody slow.

XP does it on its own

I downloaded 400Mb on 56K. It was Limp Bizkit live at Woodstock 99, full set MP3 at a bit rate of 300. Its bout 60 min long, all one track with lots of songs :)

Date: March 10, 2002 05:34AM
Yo Sup

i have just realised, that after i have downloaded the CS mod i will have to download the half-life patch too, and if i remember right thats a pretty big patch!

I might be here awhile

Date: March 10, 2002 05:40AM
Yo Sup

Just checked

78Mb.

it also states

Note: By patching Half-Life to the most current version, you will automatically be installing TeamFortress Classic. There are no separate TFC-specific files which you need to download in order to play.

Right, so TFC probably adds bout 30Mb to the file size and im never going to use it. Do these people forget that alot of people are still on dial-up modems? >:(

So i have done 43Mb of CS1.3 and then need to download 78Mb of Hal-Life 1.008. So in totoal 178Mb. only 134Mb to go.

Date: March 10, 2002 05:54AM
You'll get there (eventually) ;-)

Date: March 10, 2002 06:18AM
Posted by: Morbid
Even if you can only play CS against bots, it is a extremely good game. It will be well worth the efforts. I still play CS on average once a day, going on since beta 6.x. Mostly against bots, because the cheating is so big a problem.

I played online the other day on a cheat monitored server. 3 dudes caught, kicked, banned and hanged out in public in 2 hours. Jeez, and that did not even stop the suspisions and accusations against players that were checked and cleared. Either you play against cheaters, get accused of cheating, bear witness to wild claims of cheating or a mix of them. I even get voted out of servers from time to time, because they simply cannot believe that I am not cheating. Hey I can hit with a bullet, but I am not even close to being THAT good.

I really hope that the new Sierra anticheat code will put an end to this farce. Anyway many of the bots are of Q3 standard or better. And some are even almost like humans in their behaviour.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: March 10, 2002 06:25AM
Another person on the "GP3 forum server" list ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy