Small prob, file needed

Posted by Ellis 
Small prob, file needed
Date: March 03, 2002 08:29AM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

You know the quick lanuch bar down the bottom left? Well the show desktop one, can someone send me the file it is linked to? I seem to have lost it :$

The 98 ones work in XP, i know that

Thanx

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Re: Small prob, file needed
Date: March 03, 2002 12:48PM
Posted by: Morbid
I am not quite sure what you want. Is it the Quick Launch bar, or the Quick Launch (show desktop) command on the Quick Launch bar?

As far as I know the Quick Launch bar is not a file, but an explorer command called "Quick Launch". IE knows that if shortcuts are placed in a specific folder, they are supposed to be on the quick launch bar on your desktop. The shortcut is as follows: "C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch", and as can be seen, it is not linked to an executable, but a folder. As long as you have a working IE, and you place your shortcuts in the the "Quick Launch" folder, the shortcuts should appear in the quick launch bar...

There is also a file in the Quick Launch folder, called "Show Desktop", but IE should place it there by itself. I have not sent mine, because I dunno if it works with XP (I am using ME, and I do not know if there is a difference between the 98 and ME file). If you have deleted it, it should be pretty easy to retrieve it manually from the windows *.cab files, with the "extract" command (provided that M$ have not removed this from the XP package).

I hope this helps. If it doesn't, or you want the ME file, then you know the drill...

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: March 04, 2002 03:36AM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

Donest matter, Habi sent me it :)

It was the target file of the "launch desktop" icon. Any one works with XP cos Habi is an a Slovenian version of it from 98 and i just renamed and it worked fine

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 04, 2002 07:42AM
Posted by: Morbid
nice.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: March 04, 2002 04:35PM
Posted by: Habi
So it works? great :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy