new screen shots form TOCA 3
Date: February 28, 2002 02:55PM
Posted by: LS.

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Re: new screen shots form TOCA 3
Date: February 28, 2002 03:02PM
Posted by: sega
are these real in game shots? or are they taken from the intro video or something?

Saludos desde Colombia.
Date: February 28, 2002 03:08PM
ingame screen shots

The game has been in development for about a year and a half, and the build we were shown was about 60 percent complete, with a few playable tracks and cars. The full version will have 38 different tracks and 40 different cars.

The game is aimed at the general gamer rather than the hard-core racing sim enthusiast, and while the complete version will have a number of car set-up options, the developer admits that's not the main focus of the game. Instead, TOCA Race Driver is described as the first 'CarPG' - a story-driven racing game that will draw players into the character of the driver. The game's story will advance through a series of in-engine movie-style cutscenes, progressing from the driver's initial inspiration to become a professional racer to his world championship races.

TOCA Race Driver will have an adaptive difficulty system that will automatically adjust the game to be challenging for different levels of players. If a player comes in first or second in a race, competitors in the next race will be slightly more difficult, whereas if the player comes in fifth or sixth, the successive races will be slightly easier. This system is designed to keep the game and the story moving. Codemasters estimates that the full game will take between 20 and 30 hours to complete.

In addition to the adaptive difficulty system, TOCA Race Driver has three damage realism settings - indestructible, moderate, and realistic. Cars will not absorb damage in the first setting, making it easier for players to bump their way around the course. On the moderate setting, cars will be damaged by collisions, and their performance will eventually be affected, but rarely to the point of not being able to limp their way around the track and finish the race. On the most realistic setting, cars will absorb damage as they would in real life, making it very difficult to complete a race after a serious crash. TOCA Race Driver uses a finite element modelling damage system that models damage realistically based on the specific conditions of the impact.

Along with the movie-style single-player storyline, TOCA Race Driver will include a multiplayer mode with support for up to 20 players over LAN or Internet connections. We've posted some new screenshots in today's gallery that show off some of the cars and tracks that will appear in the game. TOCA Race Driver is scheduled for release in June

LS's Tip of the week
Date: February 28, 2002 03:12PM
Posted by: Beardless2
That game looks amazing

Date: March 01, 2002 09:03AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
very nice :D

Date: March 01, 2002 09:27AM
Posted by: andrew_S
hmm they look/are renders to me! anyway is it a toca game cause those cars werent TOCA cars (TOCA are the people who run the btcc)
Date: March 01, 2002 09:39AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
This toca game not only features the BTCC league but also the german DTM and Aussie v8 series, aswell as a few american cars

Date: March 01, 2002 10:59AM
you wanna get your eyes checked andrew, they are definately in game shots, you must be blind if if you can't tell the difference from a render :-)

LS's Tip of the week
Date: March 01, 2002 12:08PM
nope

1. on that DTM audi TT shot, the light from the sun thats deffinatly not ingame, and the bottom holden/V8 pic is not, look at the Rims, you couldnt have rims like that in game, i hope im wrong but i think those 2 at least are renders
Date: March 01, 2002 12:22PM
the latest generation videocard can do these kind of things, these sort of effects are quite common now, when i got my geforce 2gts there was aplayable demo of a rally game and that featured those exact sun light effects

this a render

if you compare this with the above, you can tell the difference.

plus the fact that the site that i got them off, had been to see the game in its current state of development, and they had the exlusives on the ingame shots before anyone else

LS's Tip of the week
Date: March 01, 2002 12:27PM
se what i mean about the diffences, the renders seem more polished and neater.

where as the pictures at the top of the page have that grainy look about them

LS's Tip of the week
Date: March 01, 2002 01:14PM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

BTCC is no longer called BTCC and i belive its no longer owned by TOCA

TOCA owns may leagues round the world, germany, France, Spain, Japan, Aussie

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 01, 2002 01:16PM
well im holding this line its possable to render anything to look like that, yes the latest video cards can and do do taht i have a gf3 ti200 but the possitioning of the etc doesnt seem like something that would be done in game to me, and on the bottom one again those wheels and rims just seem to have to many polys to make up a car that would run smooth on an average PC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy