Gp3 2000 beginner

Posted by chandler 
Gp3 2000 beginner
Date: February 28, 2002 07:02AM
Posted by: chandler
Hi !!! I just bought GP3 2000 software, and I have a few questions and doubts about it !!!
Here goes !!!
1- Is this game an add-on as it says it is, or is it a full game (meaning, it is gp3, but a new version of it, not an expanion pack) ??? I have this doubt because I can still run the old Gp3.exe, and, ok, there are some changes, like the helmets are different, but running this old exe, the cars are 1998, Willians cars' are still red !!! I mean, if this is an add-on, why Geoff didn't made a more efficient installshield of Gp3 2000 ??? An setup program that would remove what the add-on would not use anymore, like the 1998 carset, or the red signals bitmaps ??? There is a lot of "garbage" in the directory, things are messed up !!!
2- I installed the add-on in the same directory I installed the previous gp3 v 1.13 !!! Since, like I said, there is a lot of files that the add-on do not use anymore, and things are messed up in the directory, lots of garbage, did I made the installation the right way or should I install gp3 2000 in a totally brand new directory ??? (See, this also makes me think if this game is a full game or an add-on) !!!
3- After I installed the game, it says it is gp3 2000 version 2.0 !!! Shouldn't it be version 1.0 and users get the 2.0 update like it was with version 1.13 of original gp3 ???
4- I know there is a decrypted exe for this software over the net, but I always decrypted my version1.13 !!! So, can I still decrypt my own file ??? Is there any softwares to decrypt gp3 2000 files ???
5- If you can explain the above questions to me, then, please help me with gp3-2000 customization !!! I'm totally out of news for this game !!! All I know is that there isn't a gp3edit 2k by smyoung !!!
So, what softwares are you using ??? For carsets, carshapes, etc... I want to know pretty much everything !!! hehe !!!

One last comment, not a question, about gp3 2000 !!! I have sound blaster live and 4 speakers with subwoofer, and gp3 2000 has a new sound system !!! I didn't like it !!! When playing with TV-cam, we can barely hear our own car's sound. It was "replaced" with crowd sound instead, or the other cars, and this feature (new sound system) makes the game too slow, when playing with full-optimized graphics !!! When playing in onboard cams, 2 of them particulary, the engine sound is, I don't know, like, the sound breaks up !!! Like a bad phone call or something !!! I want to know if you people also think this way and if you like me, got back in use "original gp3 sounds" !!!
Hope gp4 and gp5, Geoff uses his brain !!!
Hugs everybody !!!
Forgot to ask
Date: February 28, 2002 07:08AM
I forgot one question.
Is there any way to use my gp3edit carsets to gp3 2000 ??? (like, save the carset of gp3edit to an editor compatible with gp3 2000) ?
thanks !!!
Re: Gp3 2000 beginner
Date: February 28, 2002 08:21AM
Posted by: Zcott
<<1- Is this game an add-on as it says it is, or is it a full game>>

It's sort of both. It needs the original gp3 files for installation, but after that, it's a completely seperate game. Once you have 2000 installed, you can uninstall the original GP3 no problem if you want the diskspace.

<<2- should I install gp3 2000 in a totally brand new directory ??? >>

Hmm....Yes.

<<3- After I installed the game, it says it is gp3 2000 version 2.0 !!! Shouldn't it be version 1.0 and users get the 2.0 update like it was with version 1.13 of original gp3 ???>>

It's effectively GP3 v2.0 but with 2000 put on the end of the name.

<<4- I know there is a decrypted exe for this software over the net, but I always decrypted my version1.13 !!! So, can I still decrypt my own file ???>>

Why spend time decrypting it yourself when you can download a decrypted version in a few minutes or less?

<<6- Is there any way to use my gp3edit carsets to gp3 2000 ??? (like, save the carset of gp3edit to an editor compatible with gp3 2000) >>

No, I don't think it's possible. Your best bet for customization would be download Ralph Hummerich's carset (available from [www.emac.de]) until the 2002 ones are released. David Ballard has one released, but it's not online in many places.

Also download SetManager by Luca Cantaluppi (I think that's his name) and JamTool by Marc Aarts. JamTool is available from emac.de and Set Manager is available from grandprix3.com.

<<When playing in onboard cams, 2 of them particulary, the engine sound is, I don't know, like, the sound breaks up !!! Like a bad phone call or something !!! I want to know if you people also think this way and if you like me, got back in use "original gp3 sounds" !!!>>

I have this problem too, with my Cambridge Soundworks 5.1 speakers. Although I think it might be something to do with my rear speakers not being so good. Haven't bothered going back to old sounds, as I'm rather fond of the new ones.
Re: Gp3 2000 beginner
Date: February 28, 2002 08:27AM
Posted by: Morbid
Quote: "It was "replaced" with crowd sound instead, or the other cars, and this feature (new sound system) makes the game too slow, when playing with full-optimized graphics !!!

Most people that have this problem claim that reducing the number of sound channels restores the PO to a normal level.

Quote: When playing in onboard cams, 2 of them particulary, the engine sound is, I don't know, like, the sound breaks up !!! Like a bad phone call or something !!!

It is a bug. Try the Gpx sound support instead if this reeeaaallly ticks you off.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Thanks !!!
Date: March 01, 2002 11:36AM
Thanks guys !!! You both really helped me !!!
Hmmm, I hope I can save my carsets of gp3edit to the new version, because I have all emacs carsets and some from others, and not only of the current F-1 !!! Please if you two know something about this, tell me !!! Isn't there not even a possibility to save file by file, like, every single car bitmap, every single helmet, every single everything from gp3edit and build this same carset on a new editor for gp3 2k ???

Also, hmmm, ok, I have to install gp3 2k on a separated directory and uninstall gp3, ok !!! But, do you know how to clean the registry and all garbage in windows of gp3 1.13 after the uninstallation ??? Is Norton Cleansweep enough for this, or I will have to clean something (specially on the registry) manually ???

Thanks, and let's see how Montoya and my new countrymate Felipe Massa will do in Melbourne :)

Hugs !!! byes !!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy