Camera Angles (onboard t-cam)

Posted by Charlie 
Camera Angles (onboard t-cam)
Date: February 27, 2002 08:13AM
Posted by: Charlie
For gp3 i had the camera angles where you could have the onboard t-cam view. I think i did it by using the car shape editor and someone's careshap that aslo came with camera settings calini or calshini that was the blokes name or something/ Anyway i now have gp3 2000 and just wondered if i would be able to do the same thing getting the on board cammera setting by using the carshape editor. is there an easier way?

Re: Camera Angles (onboard t-cam)
Date: February 27, 2002 08:17AM
Posted by: Vader
I think you have to use the Carshape editor. This is the easiest way I know, since you can at least see the changes on the wireframe. (Why can't anyone create a tool where we can change cameras and see the change in perspective in real-time) Another way for Gp3 was Gp3Master, but I think it does not work with Gp3 2000.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: February 27, 2002 09:15AM
Posted by: Morbid
I guess you were using the "Calchi Final carshape 2000". I still have the Zip file if you need it. But you can also transfer the old carshape and camera settings from GP3 to GP3 2000 with the carshape editor. Just use a version no earlier than 3.7 and follow the instructions below.

Load the carshape and camera angles from gp3. Then export/save it to CTF format. Restart the carshape editor, and set it to edit your GP3 2000 version. Then import the (original or current) carshape from the GP3 2000 exe file. Then import the CTF file you just created before, and export it to GP3 2000.

Be careful though! The carshape might not be compatible with your exe file. Also, the old carshape might not fit the new liveries. Your cars might look like they are wearing clothes 2 sizes to small. The carshape and the camera angles are ALL stored in the EXE file. So remember to BACKUP the EXE file before you begin to experiment.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: February 27, 2002 10:17AM
Posted by: Morbid
Then import the CTF file you just created before, and export it to GP3 2000.

Correction:

Then import the CTF file and the camera angle file you just created before, and export both to GP3 2000.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: February 27, 2002 01:55PM
Posted by: Charlie
thanks for the help it worked ok

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy