Best Car Setups

Posted by lsharrison 
Best Car Setups
Date: February 27, 2002 02:48AM
Posted by: lsharrison
Hey ppl
Who has the best overall carsetup & where can I find it? I am finding it difficult to find a good car setup. Does anyone have the problem of the car still wanting to drive through the corner even though you are not accelerating and can I over come this?
Thanks
Re: Best Car Setups
Date: February 27, 2002 08:28AM
Posted by: Morbid
Hmmm, lets see...

quote: "Who has the best overall carsetup & where can I find it? I am finding it difficult to find a good car setup."

The best setup depends on a whole lot of different things, like the car you are driving, the track, weather, position on the grid/pit strategy, and of course your individual driving style.

No two drivers drive the exact same way, and the same car setup will almost always suit one driver better than the other. But that does not mean that you cannot enjoy, learn from or even perform well with other peoples setups. It just means that you will not perform your best, before you know how your car should be setup to suit your style, and why that perticular setup suits you.

If you really have no clue about where to start and what to do, I would advise you to check out the setups pages at Grandprixgamer. They have some thought-provoking track guides, and some very fast setups.

[setups.grandprixgamer.com]

Also you might want to check out Eric Cotes setup guide for GP2. Yeah its for GP2, but it is still one of the best guides there is, if you want to understand why the car does THIS, when you change THAT.

[www.sportplanet.com]

You might also want to learn how to read telemetry. This easy. Well actually reading telemetry is NOT easy, but with this 2 part guide it is.

[www.frugalsworld.com]
[www.frugalsworld.com]

These guides, more than anything else, taught me how to setup and drive my car in GP3. Later I had to learn about what the dampers and the differential REALLY is and how it REALLY works, but I guess that can wait. Suffice to say, the only thing now that keeps me from being really fast is time to practice.

quote: "Does anyone have the problem of the car still wanting to drive through the corner even though you are not accelerating and can I over come this?"

I am not quite sure I understand what you mean... Does your car want to continue in a straight line even though you turn? Or does it kinda turn into the corner for you?

It might be understeer which you can cure by changing your setup (slow corner - springs/ fast corner - wings), or controller config (you really want to find a standard config that you use - try looking at Gareth Claytons at Grandprixgamer). It might also be a steering aid (switch it off) or a the built-in keyboard help (no solution but to get a better input controller).

I hope this helps you out dude.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: February 27, 2002 08:30AM
Posted by: Vader
WOW

LOL

Hmm?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: February 27, 2002 08:39AM
Hi Vader! I just thought that I would try helping, like we did in the old days on the old forum (or the Archiv as rumour has it, it likes to be called these days).

I can see that you, thought that you would do the same for Janne Mikkonen. for the good old days, when olour was something you drank, the dark side ruled supreme, and time was something spent in abundance on the forum like there was no tommorrow!

Date: February 27, 2002 08:39AM

Date: February 27, 2002 08:41AM
I will try once again:

for the good old days, when olour was something you drank, the dark side ruled supreme, and time was something spent in abundance on the forum like there was no tommorrow!

(and when I did not have to use html-codes to express myself)

Date: February 27, 2002 08:42AM
yeah, oloured sopts ruled! Do you still remember the name of the Epoxy Resin singer? Throat Choking! Ah, those were the days, I wish I had my "web can" installed ...

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: February 27, 2002 08:46AM
Yes! "Throat Choking!" still comes to visit me once in a while, when I read your posts m8. Argh, here he comes now!

Man I was fast on the track back then. The appalling thing is, that I am driving so rarely in GP3 these days, that me laptimes are comparable to A Yoong Min... :( I hope that you are doing better than me!

Date: February 27, 2002 08:56AM
Luke Harrison -
in case vthat you have lost track of what's going on in here, don't worry (or ask Morbid what "to worry" really means). It is just our (Morbid's and mine) humble talent to let every thread go haywire sooner or later. Since we still help and give correct answers, I guess there's nothing wrong about it. Anyone for rødgrød med fløde?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: February 27, 2002 09:03AM
You bring the rødgrød med fløde, and I will bring the Käseknödel. Then we just need a third person to bring some beer.

Afterwards we can go lick the back of tropical toxic frogs from Micronesia.

(Psst! Vader! Maybe we should retreat to THE-2ND-OFFICIAL-INSANITY-THREAD...)

Date: February 27, 2002 11:53AM
See you there in 10 minutes.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy