MS FF vs Logitech vs Other

Posted by Timm 
MS FF vs Logitech vs Other
Date: February 25, 2002 11:41AM
Posted by: Timm
Chaps,

Could I have some opinions on the wheels you use please.

I'm looking at getting either an MS Sidewinder or Sidewinder FF or a Logitech FF but which do you guys use and how do you rate it?

I run A Duron 1000 with Geforce2 mx and 256mb ram with Win98se as my OS. Yes I do have USB ports.

I drive with my feet up and straight similar to an F1 driving position but whether this would have any bearing on it I don't know.

Maybe there is a wheel I have not thought of yet.

My budget is up to about £80 or so

Many thanks
Re: MS FF vs Logitech vs Other
Date: February 25, 2002 12:05PM
Posted by: Morbid
This has been subject to much discussion on the old forum, that which is now called the archive. Generally, in the discussions there have been during the last 9 months or so here, people seem to prefer the MS wheels, with FF being optional, depending on whether or not you like such effects. Some cannot imagine a life without it. I and some others do not think so high thoughts of FF. It is a matter of taste.

Mind you that if you drive with your legs up and straight and you choose an MS wheel, you WILL have to place the baseplate of the pedals at an angle. Or you will need to do some heavyduty yoga with your feet :). I don't know if this is the same for Logitech wheels.

If you are ready to dish out loads of dough, there are insanely high quality wheels that can be ordered directly from small specialized manufacturers through the internet. I remember that they were mentioned and linked to on the old forum (maybe by LS?), but I cannot remember the names of the wheels :( .

If you really want good and lengthy discussions on the subject, I would advise you to do some searches on the old forum. It holds a wealth of information. Try keywords like "MS Sidewinder" or/and "Sidewinder FF" or/and "Logitech FF" and of course "Wheel".

And if you are really lucky, SEARCH-BUTTON MAN will appear and do the hard work for you... :)

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Re: MS FF vs Logitech vs Other
Date: February 25, 2002 12:19PM
Posted by: Timm
Cheers Morbid

I did a search on the Archive ( or Archiv as it likes to be known) but not a lot came up
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy