GP2 ---> GP3 track conversion

Posted by Ellis 
GP2 ---> GP3 track conversion
Date: February 23, 2002 02:34PM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

I know this topic comes up quite a bit but can anyone actaully do it?

I have a GP2 Knockhill track and want it in GP3 (there isnt a GP3 version yet :( ). But when i simply try to convert it in track editor it crashes GP3. I know you have to reattch all the objects again but could it not work without them? Just the track, no trackside objects? Im not looking for a great track, i just want one i can drive round.

Can anyone help there?

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Re: GP2 ---> GP3 track conversion
Date: February 23, 2002 04:30PM
Posted by: Morbid
I guess it couldn't hurt, to send an email to Marc Aarts... Something like this:

"Dear Marc,

I know that you don't do GP3 stuff anymore, but I don't know who else to ask. So I hope that you don't mind that I am asking you. If you really don't want to be bothered, just ignore this email. But I would really appreciate your help, if you can find the time. You see, my ptoblem is this, yadda yadda yadda until finished."

It can't hurt to try can it?
Date: February 23, 2002 04:37PM
Yo Sup

Yeah may as well thanx morbid

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: February 23, 2002 04:42PM
Posted by: kent
Email me your Knockhill Gp2 track file and I will see what I can do for you.

There are alot of different reasons for a converted track not to load first time.

There is alot of info about trackediting at the trackedting infomation center at this URL:

[www.grandprix3.ch]

This site also lists all the reasons for converted tracks not loading.

If you need to see an example of my trackediting skills, check out my Kyalami 2001 and Silverstone 1999-2001 trcaks on my website:

www.ksw-home.co.uk

I have converted quite alot of Gp2 tracks for people, so hopefully I will be able to help you.

Kent
Date: February 23, 2002 05:02PM
Posted by: Morbid
I guess Kent just made you an offer you can't refuse :)
Date: February 23, 2002 05:03PM
Yo Sup

Dam right Morbid :)

Kent thanx, i just sent you the zip, hope you can work your magic. If you do post it on grandprix3.com, everyone should get to use it, its brilliant!

Date: February 24, 2002 04:21AM
Posted by: andrew_S
Ellis as i said to you i have it, working and looking decent, but i havent had time to get it too you in the last 3 weeks, i can send it tonight though maybe, sorry i completely forgot, is that ok?
Date: February 24, 2002 05:41AM
Yo Sup

No problem, send anytime, i just want something that works :)

Date: February 25, 2002 08:13AM
Posted by: kent
Now I know that Andrew has already converted Knockhill to Gp3 I shall not go any further with my conversion.

Andrew, if you need any help with finishing off your conversion, please let me know.

Kent
Date: February 25, 2002 11:54AM
At the moment Kent everything is on hold really as ive got lots of school work, and that version i sent ellis was very quite a raw conversion as i cant seem to find my latest one :(
Date: February 26, 2002 01:19PM
Posted by: jordangp2001
here whoever is converting this knockhill track

could u email it to me PLZ!

jordangp2001@hotmail.com

thanx

Date: February 26, 2002 05:16PM
Look the answer david is no, its as simple as that, i dont want anyone to have it at the moment
Date: February 27, 2002 11:11AM
Yo Sup

Thanx for that Knockhill track dude!! Ir runs in GP3 2000 when GPxPatch is in debug mode but i know its desgined for GP3 so theres more bugs than there would normally be. But despite having no jams and gray graphics i have already done 3 full race distances on it! Im lapping 40 seconds :) The tracks is very accurate and exactly how i pictured it, and the first corner is nice and fast :)

Date: February 27, 2002 02:38PM
what do u mean it has no jams? all hills etc should be visable!

anyway i aint sure, i can send some magic data that i use, jst a default one with just an edited bump table, and it should work all the time, if it doesnt tell me (as i said it aint the latest as ive lost that)
Date: February 28, 2002 02:46AM
Yo Sup

Yeah the hills are visible, but the other graphics such as barriers are all grey, but its very very fun to drive :)

It does work all the time.

Date: February 28, 2002 05:13AM
good, btw install mattis track pack (98) gfx i think it takes the walls from there
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy