Phoenix 1991 roadsign (gp3)

Posted by jfm 
Phoenix 1991 roadsign (gp3)
Date: March 25, 2010 11:01PM
Posted by: jfm
I recently used the revisited version of this track by Michael O'Halloran (version 1.0 march 2007). I think it's the most closed to the reality track than other versions i've played with (you must just increase the nb of tour to 81 instead 74 with gp3 track editor). Really great work. It will be perfect if the roadsigns 100 to 300 meters + arrow right & left turn appeared. Can someone do that ?
Thanx in advance
Re: Phoenix 1991 roadsign (gp3)
Date: March 26, 2010 01:45AM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
Were those signs present on the real track?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: March 26, 2010 10:54AM
Posted by: savinaclaudio
Maybe the track doesn't use the roadsign.jam file. Check it.
Bye
Date: March 26, 2010 01:39PM
Thank you for your interest. I checked the track and the roadsing jam, that figured in the right file, is used on jam n°80, in gp3hjams/phoenix 3.
If you watch these videos, you clearly see the roadsings :

You can also see some white line on certain parts of the tarmac that aren't reproduced in the track.
Date: March 26, 2010 03:02PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
do you mean the jip files of the trafic signs?

-------------------------------
Date: March 26, 2010 11:00PM
Yes trafic signs on the road and also arrows on fences to turn right or left. In fact, when you open a different version of this track with track editor you see in objet definitions sings arrows and meter sings. Nothing about that in this version. Also the jam file roadsign exist in "phoenix 3" and you can see the signs with jam editor but nothing appear on the track.
Date: February 15, 2015 07:31PM
Posted by: Philip00
Hi all!

How can i attach for track jam file? I have roadsign jam file and i want attach for a track. How can i do this? (if i open dat file with wordpad ad write there manually not work(corrupt file) )
Date: February 15, 2015 07:51PM
Posted by: holemad
you can find a very basic guide here [www.grandprixgames.org]
scroll down to last page.... for more detailed instructions go to scandura's site for the tutorial.
Date: February 15, 2015 07:56PM
Posted by: pirx
Date: February 15, 2015 08:34PM
Thanks both of you!!!

I can add roadsign now but in the game not appear just one of them. Why could be it happen? ( my problem that i want play with belni tracks in gp3 1.13 and i downlaod belini megapack but in this tracks the roadsign is missed, so i try to add them manual in trackeditor but only one appear in the game the rest of it not. )
Date: February 16, 2015 12:19PM
its not because you add the jam, that the signs are shown automatically. it needs a cmd or object to show up.
What track is it?
or send it to me and say what you need.

Dirk
Date: February 16, 2015 12:42PM
Thansk for the answer!

It's belini 1.13 melbourne 2008 . if it good for you i can send you: where can i send you?
Date: February 16, 2015 01:52PM
dirkholemans@telenet.be

and remember to let me know what exactly you want.
Date: February 16, 2015 03:59PM
holemad Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> dirkholemans@telenet.be
>
> and remember to let me know what exactly you want.

Thanks i sended you :)
Date: February 16, 2015 05:30PM
the answer is quiet simple ;)
You are running the reduced track....but why????

Use gpxpatch 4.22 or higher and set max track length at 10 km and you're able to run the high-detailed tracks.
I'll send a few screenshots, just in case.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy