1993 Carset

Posted by loren 
Re: 1993 Carset
Date: December 11, 2003 04:03PM
Posted by: Widow
Nice work especially the extra's! Of course I like my work better ;-), but you gave me some good new ideas... The perfection is in the details! Good job!

Greetz, Widow

E-mail:bacardibackup@yahoo.com
Date: December 11, 2003 07:10PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
I'm finally downloading it now.
I'm really looking forward to having a look at it.
The "extras" sound very interesting.
I've always thought that it would be nice if pre-plank cars left many more sparks in their wake (while present-day ones actually shouldn't have any at all), and was considering having a look if this could be implemented. I'm glad that this is something that Loren apparently did.
Date: December 11, 2003 07:49PM
Posted by: Addicted on GPX series
Great work loren!Specially the pitcrew without helmets and wearing t-shirts!Also the cockpits and helmets!I just don´t understand one thing: the sparks.tga is just a blank retangle!Is that correct?It´s all about that?
Date: December 11, 2003 09:29PM
Posted by: loren
The sparks.tga should look like a blank rectangle when you open it with an editor, but it should be ok in the game. The transparancy is controlled by the alpha channel which you can't see unless you know how to extract it in photoshop or psp.

-Loren
Date: December 11, 2003 10:09PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
The sparks pattern is nice,
but why did you make them all white?
I would have thought that the original spark colors would have been quite realistic only with your general pattern and a whole lot more of them.

You've made some errors in putting pitboxes in the wrong positions, no?

Love your pitcrews.
Nice of you to include software versions of them as that's all one gets to see outside of practice sessions.

All of those extra "special" liveries are a nice addition, too.
Date: December 13, 2003 10:54AM
somebody can edit the sparks if they want... maybe I'll keep working on them. I have a funny gfx card and they look kind of yellowish on my machine. If you want to know how to edit the sparks ask the gp4 folk, all their carskins are in tga format. Beware gp3 only seems to use the middle part of the texture.

As for the pitboxes in wrong positions: maybe I did. They definately DONT match up with the names in gp3edit, and this is for a reason: the teams lined up in the pitlane based on the 1992 constructors championship order. There might be a couple deviations from that order, because a lot of the pitboxes were just plain white, and I didn't figure including a bunch of those was that important. I think the only change from the order is that I have the larrousse one in place of sauber. I meant to have the BMS Lola one but I accidentally deleted it and forgot to make it agian. Maybe I will eventually update the carset with fixes and other things people suggest.

-Loren
Date: December 17, 2003 04:27PM
Posted by: Made in Brazil
Great Work!

I played seven races for the season 1993!

Ayrton is in the top!!

Thanks for work!

Date: December 18, 2003 07:59AM
Posted by: Mr. Lee
I've currently got some hardware problems, so I haven't played neither of the 1993 carsets yet, but as soon as I will play them I will give you my impressions about them :-)
Date: December 22, 2003 12:28PM
1993 cockpit is now up and ready for download (and the download actually seems to be working as well!). Try it (and see if it works right, and if not let me know).

-Loren
Date: December 23, 2003 11:30AM
Posted by: R_Scandura
Hi
the new carset/cockpits/streerings are very nice.
The round steering wheel is always impressive for old races. I quickly installed them.
I made for my personal game the experiment to add the hands of the driver and it looks good altough I made a rough work as I'm not a painter. The near view allow to hide a little the effect of the floating arms. Maybe with a round steer hands looks better then the new type of steers. Mah!

The only problem is with the rpm revs on display that appear a little messed, but I think the problem is a my error.

Great work!
bye

Post Edited (12-23-03 18:34)

-------------------------------
Date: December 26, 2003 06:31PM
Posted by: Richard J
Lorn

Great carset. I just completed the complete update to my original 1970 carset. I want to use some of your T-shirt pitcrews as basis of pitcrews for the set. I did not notice any limitations in your carset. Any problems if I use them or change them for the carset? I am ready to release to this site the updated carset.

Richard Goniu

Richard J
Date: December 28, 2003 05:32AM
Posted by: Mr. Lee
Hi loren!

I enjoy your carset very much. Nice to see those pit crew members wearing T-shirts ;)

As far as cars are concerned I especially like Lotus (in fact I play the game with A. Zanardi), Ligier and Williams liveries. Jordan ain't that bad either :)

Cheers,
Date: December 29, 2003 03:11PM
@Richard J:

Sure, you can use the pitcrews
Date: January 03, 2012 01:29AM
Posted by: evroic
Hi,

Loren, can you send to my e-mail The complete carset 1993 with all teams ????

e-mail: evroic@gmail.com

Tks

Evandro ( Brasil )
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy