GPX Race Manager 7.1.9. Runtime Error: Unable to find path

Posted by bullitt 
Hello everyone!

I have been able to run again GP3 on a win 7 64 bit, so I was about to start using the new version of Gpx Race manager, 7.1.9
The problem is, every time I try to create a season (when I reach the finalization phase) an error message comes up: "Unable to find path" :(

I already pointed the software to the GP3 1.13 folder, I tried changing to every other possible folder but the message comes up and I'm unable to start a season... any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance
hello, i did a deeper check and i'm afraid is a problem with the installer. i discovered that this version it fails to extract some folders.
Please check the folder where the RM program is installed. if you miss the "Seasons" and "Output" folders just create them and try again to create the season. it should work again.
If you have uncreated seasons listed in the Step1 just remove them because will point to nowhere. so you'll have the season name available again. make sure you set back the Gp3 location path to the game folder just in case.

Very funny i used the installer to make things easier and instead it made the program even more unstable. I'll go back to the good old .rar files.

Thanks for spotting this bug and I'm very sorry if it made you waste time, i'll update all soon. Let me know if it fixed the incident

-------------------------------

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2013 05:19PM by R_Scandura.
Hey, thanks for the incredibly quick answer! (and for creating this wonderful utility)

I've tried what you suggested but it didn't do the trick.

This is what I have: (It doesn't show the output folder, as I have already deleted it)

Thanks for the help, and don't be sorry! I'm grateful you came up with such a tool!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2013 05:39PM by bullitt.
please try this version. it is a rar file so extract it directly into any folder: [gadareth.altervista.org]
if it won't download try from the page: [gadareth.altervista.org] (it must be a rar file so eventually refresh the face to update the cache).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2013 05:46PM by R_Scandura.
My bad, I had to add the two folders in the main folder! After I did that everything was fine!

Thanks for your help, really appreciated that!
great news! hope you find it useful :)
the program is a constant work in progress, so for any unexpected issue let me know

I ran a countless number of seasons with the older version, so it's good to be back and start a new career! :D with GP3 this time and your RM!(Y)
I'll be sure to try every new version out there!
Hi, I'm using GPxPatch 4.22 and GP4 v1.02 on Win7 x64. And when i check Set performance file in GPxPatch and Export performance file, while i'm starting Qualifying knock-out, then nothing happened and i can't do qualifying sessions. What's the problem?
hi, the automated features doesn't work for Gp4. i suspended them for now because gp4 evolved a lot and i'm not aware of how files are being modded lately.
The performance files and the knock-out performances are stored in the "Seasons\SeasonName\SeasonName_Data" folder so can be loaded manually. they are name Race XX_Performance, Race XX_Q1, Race XX_Q2 and Race XX_Q3

But performance files are not created, when I click on icon Export Perf File, then nothing happened, and i can't load session result, there not creadet table with all drivers like a your movie on YT. So i must have GP 3 ?
I already installed GP3 1.13 with GPxPatch 4.20 like on movie with presentation about knock-out qualifying, but program still can't make performance file for Q1, and i don't know where is the problem.
Gp3 is not necessary. As long as you uncheck the GpXSet option the program works independantly of the game. When you click Export Performance, the SAVE button should become a LOAD button and the green caption changes from "Initializing Qualifying 1" into "Waiting for Qualifying 1". You also receive a popup message warning you to please don't close the program while you do the session. At this point you can open gpxpatch and browse to find the race_Q1 file. Did any of these happened when you exported or was just a dead click?
Eventually zip and send me the season folder so i can reproduce the process here. One of the common reasons for not proceeding in exporting the performance is usually a conflict with names in the entry list or reliability higher than 10000

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2013 11:32AM by R_Scandura.
Yes, it's a dead click, any of these didn't happened. I load entry list from performance file created by myself, and next I set nationality and save ebtry list. I check any values and reliability never higher than 10000. I send PM with link to my folder with all files i have.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2013 01:11PM by Bartol.
Good news, I think i spotted the problem. There was a conflict between the Ferrari and Mercedes teams and Ferrari and Mercedes engines. I made a small change in your entry list so to clean it.
The teams are now called "Ferrari Team" and "Mercedes Gp" and all the engines are now called "Ferrari" and "Mercedes". In this way the engine evolutions will involve all the cars powered by the same brand. I made a test and it worked with no problems but for every issue please let me know.
I sent you by PM a fixed file to overwrite in the season folder

Thank you very much:) Now everything works fine! Of course if I find more problems, then I will tell you :)

image hosting

New problem. When I load text file with Q1 results then only lider's lap time has been loaded. I loaded another Q1 result and leader was Schumacher.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2013 03:41PM by Bartol.
which language are you using for Gp4? Probably the program is not recognizing the file format if only the leader's lap is added. It should work fine with italian, english, spanish, portuguese and french.
Taking Gp3 as example, I had to exclude german and polish language because the characters/symbols could not be read by all machines, also german has problems with the lenght of some strings causing the program mispell the grammar.

I use English language, but maybe it's problem with print setup, but i don't know how to set this because on your website screens are dead. Tell me how you set print setup.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2013 11:54PM by Bartol.
I think the problem could be still in the team names. I changed them in only one file that i sent but I forgot to update the other files. If it's so it's my mistake, let me try a fix and will send it again to you!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2013 04:31PM by R_Scandura.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy