Is there somewhere a CarEditor tutorial ?

Posted by EricMoinet 
Is there somewhere a CarEditor tutorial ?
Date: March 10, 2013 12:35PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
Hi all,

I'd like to found a good car shape editing tutorial for CarEditor 3.7 by Paul Hoad.
I got one by Paul Hoad himself but it is for GP2 and I guess he improved his editor a little bit by this time, and by the way, its tuto seems to be a little bit outdated.

At the moment I don't have a clue on how to alter an existing car shape.
And I can't even import the original one for the game : it says I need a decrypted gp3.exe (obviously I got the decrypted one) :-o
And I can't view any jam files too as the tool can't load them. This part is very annoying : when I load an existing car shape I have to click 11 times the Ok button telling me it can't load the livery jam for each car. :-(

Well, any help will be really appreciated, guys. :-)

Re: Is there somewhere a CarEditor tutorial ?
Date: March 10, 2013 06:25PM
Posted by: Brett Sinclair
have a look here in the download section, maybe you find what your looking for and YES you need to install the decrypted gp3.exe otherwise it will not work and you have to Edit GP3 location in the GP3 CarEditor.

[www.grandprixgames.org]

[www.grandprixgames.org]

thx to schlund

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2013 06:28PM by Brett Sinclair.
Date: March 10, 2013 06:27PM
Posted by: Brett Sinclair
have a look here in the download section, maybe you find what your looking for and YES you need to install the decrypted gp3.exe otherwise it will not work and you have to Edit GP3 location in the GP3 CarEditor.

[www.grandprixgames.org]

[www.grandprixgames.org]

thx to schlund

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
Date: March 10, 2013 07:59PM
Posted by: pirx
hi,

donĀ“t forget to set the correct "Patchlevel"! The Careditor is tricky here. You can find this in "Edit->Edit GP3 Patch-Level". I cannot remember exactly what to set first there: The GP3-Location or the Patch-Level. But I remember it makes troubles when you set the wrong setting first. So try it out...
Date: March 11, 2013 08:42PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
Thanx a lot for your help guys. (D)

I've found what was wrong : I wasn't pointing to the original decrypted exe (both GP3 and GP3-2k). Too many folders in it :-)

Well, now, I'm still in need of a tutorial ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy