Problems with JamEditor2000 v1.6b [solved]

Posted by pirx 
Problems with JamEditor2000 v1.6b [solved]
Date: September 26, 2012 11:51PM
Posted by: pirx
This progi drives me nuts!

I open a SW-jam with 3 textures in it and want to exchange these textures. Because the new textures don´t fit exactly in size I resized the canvas to the sum-height of all 3 textures -no problem. Very interesting that changing the texture-value "top" works for the first 2 textures but NOT for the 3rd. When saving the jam and reopen it the "top"-value of this 3rd texture always changes back to its original value. I would be very happy if someone has experience here..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2012 11:31PM by pirx.
Re: Problems with JamEditor2000 v1.6b
Date: September 28, 2012 07:47PM
Posted by: smoglessbutton4
I used JamEditor2000 to mod GP32000, unfortunatley, I can't help you here, as I only have experience of using it with car liveries and helmets :(

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Date: September 28, 2012 08:32PM
Posted by: holemad
hi Pirx, when i worked with sw jams until a few years ago, there was an issue when the top value was higher than 256.
I have never known why but could work around it by just making new jams and inserting the bitmaps in these new ones.
In fact, I believe that the max height of a texture is also 256, otherwise it becomes corrupted.
Remember that a sw jam is only an 8 bit-color bitmap.

If you want, you can send me the sw jam (dirkholemans@telenet.be) and I'll have a look.
please include a little description what you wanna do exactly.

dirk
Date: September 28, 2012 11:01PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
There is a SW-Jam editor somewhere on the net (can't remember where) that you should use for that.
If you don't have it I can provide it to you, pirx

Date: September 28, 2012 11:09PM
thank you all!! (B)(B)

it´s exactly as holemad wrote. I came to this problem when I wanted to change some horizon-SW-jams in my first selfmade track. It took me the whole last night to find a workaround...when I had a look at belinis horizones and recognized they are HW-jams and much higher in size! I learned that it doesn´t matter for a track to load HW or SW-jams.

Grand Prix 3 modding needs a lot of, let me say, special knowledge because everything is full of "pariculary strange happenings" all the time, but what do I write here, you know already..

+
thank you Dirk for your offer -quite cool!
Date: September 28, 2012 11:10PM
Date: September 28, 2012 11:52PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
pirx, check your PM :-)

Date: September 29, 2012 12:06AM
..got it, great!
Re: Problems with JamEditor2000 v1.6b [solved]
Date: September 29, 2012 10:36AM
Posted by: holemad
no problem, mate.
And like eric said : if your working with sw jams its better that you use the sw jameditor. you can open two or more at a time and copy paste between them.
Good that youfound the problem. (Y)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy