Sad news for me :(

Posted by smoglessbutton4 
Sad news for me :(
Date: September 01, 2012 09:11AM
Posted by: smoglessbutton4
Hello everyone, I trust that you had a better day than I had yesterday? (B)

In addition to falling off a Segway and injuring myself in a karting accident, I also found out that my PC is now dead. :(
However, I am getting a new PC in a couple of weeks time. On the other hand, there is a catch...
My new computer will be a Windows 7, which means that unless the boffins here can figure out some way of making GP3 work on Windows 7...

My GP3 days, modding and all, are now over.

I must say that it is great to see a dedicated group of people still producing fantastic new content for this phenomenal game (special mention to Pirx for the awesome 2012 mod(B)) and I hope that this continues long after I have gone.
Also, my stuff is still up on Mediafire, the link is in one of the forum topics here ;-)
My modding days, on the whole, seem to be far from over, though. There is a good chance that I will move on to produce GP4 content (Y) so keep an eye out for that if it ever does come.

Thank you for your support, it's been a fantastic time
Matthew Allington ;)

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Re: Sad news for me :(
Date: September 01, 2012 10:26AM
Posted by: R_Scandura
couldn't do a partition with Winxp too? I faced the same when switching from win98 to xp to save the old glory stuff, maybe it can work again. I am scared too of the moment i'll move to this win7 thing

-------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2012 10:30AM by R_Scandura.
Date: September 01, 2012 10:31AM
I'm getting a pre-built one, that way my dad's workplace can cover the cost, and I don't beleive that I could do the same in that case :(

GPGSL -

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2012 10:31AM by smoglessbutton4.
Date: September 01, 2012 10:51AM
Posted by: pirx
..but you don´t have to leave :) -GP3 works on Win7 totaly normal.

Only connecting 2 Computers and play over IPX-network connection is not possible in win7, because Mircosoft erased IPX after winXP!
(that´s my experience)

correction:
Win7 in 32bit mode works as described above, but i´m sure you´ll use it in 64bit so you have to make a second partition as all other people said here.. sorry!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2012 11:35PM by pirx.
Date: September 01, 2012 10:59AM
But GP3 has a notorious record on Win7! We'll just have to wait and see...

GPGSL -
Date: September 01, 2012 04:38PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
Same advice that Roberto. A pre-built computer is not a problem for that. If you don't feel confident doing it, maybe you can ask to somebody at your dad's work to make the stuff.

Date: September 02, 2012 05:25PM
Posted by: X_Acto
I format another partition in FAT 32, with Windows 7, and GP3 runs just perfect.

-----------------------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2012 05:26PM by X_Acto.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy