Problem with resolution [fixed]

Posted by smallyseba 
Problem with resolution [fixed]
Date: July 08, 2010 02:32PM
Posted by: smallyseba
Hi everybody,
I searched all over the forum, but could not find a solution to my problem:
I habe a new flatscreen monitor (24";) and now my gp3 1.13 looks a bit "stretched" because I run the monitor on 1920x1080
how can I adjust gp3 so that I can have a "normal" look at it again? It would also be okay for me if there are black spaces on the left and on the right, but not this ugly stretched game...
thanks for your help...!
Seba

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2010 02:47AM by mortal.
Re: Resolution problem
Date: July 08, 2010 02:33PM
I can also send you screenshots if you want to...
Date: July 08, 2010 03:03PM
Posted by: mortal
In your gp3 folder there might be a graphics.cfg file. Open it with notepad and set the first line to 1, then scroll further down, you will see resolution settings that you can change.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: July 08, 2010 03:27PM
i'm sorry, I didn't find this graphics.cfg... maybe it's in gp4...?
Date: July 08, 2010 08:01PM
Posted by: harjinator
that's GP4 mal.

for GP3 - to stop it stretching, you have to fiddle with the graphics settinsg for your graphics card. I know it's possible for NVIdia, not 100% sure for ATi. there may actually be an option on the monitor itself to stop it stretching images. I know there is on mine - it says 'preserve 4:3' or something along those lines, and when an app runs in anything other than widescreen, it puts borders on it

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: July 09, 2010 03:31AM
Oh well, I did say there might be... ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: July 09, 2010 09:02AM
Posted by: Briere
My LG monitor has an option that allows to choose between 4:3 and 16:9 aspects. Maybe yours does
Date: July 09, 2010 11:33PM
Posted by: greguar_11
ATI allows that scaling too. In the last versions of Catalyst Control Center you can find it in "Graphics Settings\Digital Panel\Attributes". You must tip "Enable GPU scaling" and "Maintain aspect ratio".
But! On my home computer it doesn't works! ((( I have an old video card Radeon 9600xt - may be it's the reason. I tried this on the newer graphic card - everything was fine - game in center with black bars on the sides. Fortunatly my monitor Dell 2007wfp can do that scaling too.
Date: July 10, 2010 01:36PM
I think I have found a solution: (*)
my screen setup menu gives an otpion to set the size to "widescreen" OR "automatic".
on "automatic, it gives me black bars on the left and on the right, so that I can play gp3 in "normal" resolution without stretching!
thanks for your help, guys!
Sebastian (Y)
Date: July 11, 2010 02:47AM
The bill is in the mail.... ;)

Re: Problem with resolution [fixed]
Date: May 23, 2011 04:21PM
Posted by: Kimi-The-Champ
hello community :)

i want to play GP4 on my laptop with a resolution from 1366x768.
the problem can you see in the pictures:

on screen is with 1024x768 and the other is with 1366x768.
With 1366x768, the bottom of the game is away? but why?
can i fix them?

cheers
KTC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy