Need Help with GP3 and Vista [Fixed]

Posted by elcalvo 
Need Help with GP3 and Vista [Fixed]
Date: July 01, 2010 02:19PM
Posted by: elcalvo
So I found my old copy of GP3, the 1.13 patch and no cd patch installed ok on my pc. The game works with Vista great. Now I want to add some new cars and graphics so I used GP3Master now the game crashed. I had to unstaill but when I went to reinstall the game still crashes uninstalled gp3master still crashes. I had to change the install path to get the game to work. Yes I deleted GP3 Master but the problam remaned.

OK so what can I use to get new Cars and graphics? One thing I did not change the compatibility to XP but I have now. was that the problam? just want to know before I go ahead and use GP3 Master again.

thanks

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2010 11:46AM by mortal.
Re: Need Help with GP3 and Vista
Date: July 01, 2010 02:42PM
Posted by: mortal
Use GP3Edit instead of GP3Master. Install gpx_patch, set verbosity to high, cpu to 0, when it crashes gpx outputs an error log, post the log (topic header gpx error log). Set the exe compatibility to XP SP3.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: July 01, 2010 02:52PM
Ok I tridto use GP3Edit and I got a message that it was not 32bit or 64 bit.
So I have to install gpx patch and then use GP3Edit
and how do i set verbosity to high, cpu to 0

thanks for help mortal
Date: July 01, 2010 03:08PM
OK never mind last post. I ran gpx patch in xp, I set verbosity to high and cpu to o but I dont see a error log.
I still get the error that GP3Editi in not 32 or 64 bit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2010 03:09PM by elcalvo.
Date: July 05, 2010 02:34PM
Are you trying to run GP3Edit on a 64bit rig? If so, it's not going to happen, at least you cannot install it, but install it on another machine 32bit, and then copy the files over.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2010 02:36PM by mortal.
Date: July 05, 2010 02:42PM
If I can use another PC do I have to install GP3 on that PC also? Will all the files I need for GP3Edit to work be in the main folder or will there be some files in the GP3.

thanks for your help
Date: July 05, 2010 02:47PM
Install gp3edit only to C:/Temp/GP3Edit/, then copy the files to (your 64bit rig) Infogrames/. Also, it might be worthwhile to check the registry, and see if gp3edit places any registry keys during the installation. If it does, export the keys, then copy and run them after you have copied the gp3edit folder to the 64bit rig.

Date: July 05, 2010 03:29PM
Thanks for the Help mortal, I will post and let you know how it comes out, (will try tomorrow at work)
Date: July 05, 2010 04:17PM
No problem, just wait till you get the bill. :-) Good luck.

Date: July 13, 2010 03:43AM
Thanks mortal I'm up and running Great bunch of guys here :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy