A few newbie questions

Posted by JohnnyFiama 
A few newbie questions
Date: December 10, 2009 09:32AM
Posted by: JohnnyFiama
If you've seen my other thread you'll know I've just come back to GP3 after a long break, I'm getting back into it but have a few questions if someone would be kind enough to help out:

1. Carshapes - I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but all the carshapes I use keep switching between the new and the original shape. So for something like 2009 when I'm right up behind a car they look fine but as they move away the tall narrow rear wing switches back to the old wide one. The carshapes only seem to work when I'm close, is there something I can do to fix this?
2. Where is the best place for GP3 downloads? I've got most of my stuff from racesimulations so far but feel like there is a lot missing....
3. Is there a template around for the pitcrew? I'm sure I used to have one.
4. I can't download anything from the EMAC / Ralph Hummerich site so can't get any of his carsets (I especially want 1996) is there anywhere else that these files are available?

Many thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2009 09:33AM by JohnnyFiama.
Re: A few newbie questions
Date: December 10, 2009 09:53AM
Posted by: quickslick
hello Johnny, about the carshapes, you need to edit the rcr distance settings for the shapes in carshape manager. I've uploaded the carset 96 for you here [www.mediafire.com]

you can find some good downloads here [www.grand-prix.4players.de] or here

[www.hsw.hu] and there are some on www.gametool.de aswell as on Drafi's homepage
Date: December 10, 2009 11:30AM
Posted by: Brett Sinclair
download section is open on this site but you can also go to these, that I've put on a thread on this site on, Oct 3th 2009:

[gpg2009.grandprixgames.org]

have fun hot

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
Date: December 10, 2009 02:54PM
Posted by: JohnnyFiama
quickslick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hello Johnny, about the carshapes, you need to
> edit the rcr distance settings for the shapes in
> carshape manager.

Once again, many thanks for the files, I'll get them when I get home as my work filters that site for some reason.

Thanks for the advice on rcr distance, I had a look at the model and it says 3840 & 7680. What should they be?
Date: December 10, 2009 03:19PM
Posted by: quickslick
i don't know the real settings, maybe you should try it out step be step and see if it's better then
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy