Random Slow Down

Posted by StayingPower 
Random Slow Down
Date: June 11, 2009 11:22PM
Posted by: StayingPower
First off, just to get this out of the way, I have quite a good pc by today's standards that should have absolutely no trouble running GP3.

(2.66GHZ Intel Core Duo, ATI 4800 series, and 3GB of RAM)

Anyway, sometimes I'll start up a race and it'll be unbearably slow (PO in excess of 500%), and other times it'll be perfectly normal. Has anyone else experienced this and/or have a fix?
Re: Random Slow Down
Date: June 11, 2009 11:44PM
Posted by: ErickVonDraxeler
Well, I use to get around 15 game seconds with 300% PO when there are rain chances...

2GB RAM, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000, GeForce 7200 512

GPGSL-3: Fox race driver and team manager - 2011-2012 Constructor Champion - 2012 Driver Champion

Season 9 - #18 Erick Von Draxeler - #35 Marcus Bongardt
Date: June 12, 2009 09:20AM
Posted by: savinaclaudio
Hi. I have a Penthium III 2.0 Ghz and slow-down problem only in case of:
- starting in the middle or back of the grid with clouds or rain in very detailed circuit
- driving on very high-banked turns
but never experienced a 500% PO.
Remember that Gp3 needs more the processor rather than Graphic card.
Bye.
Date: June 12, 2009 08:34PM
Posted by: StayingPower
I guess I should clarify the problem a bit more. For instance, I can load up, say, Monaco with perfect conditions and it'll run smoothly, but if I reload the exact same race and exact same conditions it'll be at 500% PO.
Date: June 15, 2009 12:43PM
Posted by: The Lopper
One solution may be to try turning off any applications that may be running in the background. (ie, right click and turn off programs down in the time display bar that aren't necessary, or ending processes in Task Manager.)
Date: June 15, 2009 08:31PM
Posted by: reddwarf
i have also had this but generally when a lot of stuff is happenin on screen, such as at the starts, particularly when there is a pile up at first corner- which due to the slow down i end up getting involved in haha.
wuld also recommend turnin off your internet whilst playing-maybe some program or windows/antivirus is d/l something thus eating up your processor?
My PC is only single core but cant recall seeing 500 po......
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy