Abu Dhabi 09 available for testing version 2 (even higher beta warning)

Posted by R_Scandura 
i tried to see how stupid this layout is and i've been confirmed...
anyway, it's just a layout test, critics not allowed ;-)
Not sure how correct the layout is, I only have a trouble at the end of the long straight as it seems that all the detailed maps put a small 'S' variation near the end. I had to follow it or the layout looked weird around there.
Available on the beta section of my site :)

-------------------------------

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2009 04:57PM by R_Scandura.
Roberto,

thx for download - stop - will test it - stop - as soon as possible - stop - will give feedback - stop - after testing - stop - ;)

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
Good beta track... and i don't think this layout stupid, maybe better than Valencia and Singapura, i think.

Anyway, you is the bos!

"Sou brasileiro e não desisto nunca"
Very good job!
Thx for uploading it to your site as the Megaupload-link didn't work for me from the start... good work (as usual) I have to say! Makes me look forward to the final version, even though I know that it's gonna be a loooong wait... ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2009 04:47PM by Jackal.

Any idea about the backstraight? I've seen the videos from Gp4 and RFactor and the did it totally straight. It would make sense but those bloody maps are tricky.

When you see the layout it looks a bit like a handgun
and another typical tilke layout
But to my surprise it is in fact rather fun to drive
it has a certain smoothness ,once you get setup right

as of the backstraight ,it is completly straight even on the very detailt map you can find on the official tilke site

[www.tilke-ac.de]

so roberto thankx for that one ,and looking forward to an update

[www.facebook.com]
Roberto great job...well done, fun to drive and great speed on the straights...I love it.;)

If you will have a look on the link so you can see the shapes of all GPX circuits including Korea 2010 and India 2011

[www.singaporegp.org]

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
i found hard to read this part in the red square:

would be unsensed indeed that small deviation :s

for some reason in that site i can't see the whole picture but only a super-zoom of that turn. any idea?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2009 12:34PM by R_Scandura.
Rob, if you see the the drawn lay out of the circuit on the link I put in the thread...is it a STRAIGHT line and there is no slightly smaal deviation "s" shape in there...if I was you I keep it in a straight line... more fun to drive and go fast.

roberto,

i had to search also ,when you are in te zoom of the picture you have to toggle with the arrows on your keyboard

[www.facebook.com]
yes Brett but that map is 2% accurate. Anyway i'll wait more data for an update. as i said was a layout test. The tracks so far lives only in charts and maps :)

We just have to wait and see...there will be more accurate photo's soon I think!!!

Great work... terrible track!!!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
I wonder how the final version will deal with the pit lane... What I mean?

Since Monaco pit lane was remade, no track maker (even Belini) was able to depict the pit lane as it must be... To enter the pit in the right side, the pit building at left side, to return the track by it's right side, after pitting in the left side of pit lane (game depicts the building at left, but pits at right...)

Yas Marina Circuit enters the pit in the right side, has a building in the right side, pits in the right side... but it passes UNDERNEATH TURN 1 and exits to track at Turn 3's LEFT SIDE!!

GPGSL-3: Fox race driver and team manager - 2011-2012 Constructor Champion - 2012 Driver Champion

Season 9 - #18 Erick Von Draxeler - #35 Marcus Bongardt

I should be kicked if I knew this particular. Now I understood that strange design around turn1. I was sure there was something missing in pit exit.
I'll take the challenge and see what can be done. I think it's needed a graphical trick to beat the gp3 structure.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2009 01:57PM by R_Scandura.
Well, considering that there's track crossovers (or Suzuka wouldn't be possible to be made), there's must be something about this feature...

But the question isn't the crossover itself, it's to program the pit to enter by the right side and exit by the left... The park area side seems to be no problem there...

Also, there's a way to correct Monaco's pit-lane? (enter by right side, park in the left and exit by right) Belini said "no", but I don't believe that it must be taken as a final answer... Or?

GPGSL-3: Fox race driver and team manager - 2011-2012 Constructor Champion - 2012 Driver Champion

Season 9 - #18 Erick Von Draxeler - #35 Marcus Bongardt
I don't think the suzuka crossover has something to do with it. in suzuka the pitlane starts on the right and finishes on the right. The game considers the pitlane a own world for which defines only the absolute side (all on the left or the right) but I could be wrong though as there is a specific command to define the side of the parking area unless it sets only the start of it.

Neverthless, for what is worth I prepared an istant sample you may want to test. Guess where is the trick? ;):)
of course there is a little bug in the exit. If you take it too slow you will hit an invisible wall right where the pit fences ends, so to escape the bug you need to take it at a high speed (without exagerating)

still a 'wannabe' attempt. I have no idea how it will look fo real. Install the track v2 and again the jam folder

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2009 04:56PM by R_Scandura.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy