Trackside adverts

Posted by elio 
Trackside adverts
Date: April 13, 2009 05:20PM
Posted by: elio
Hi

I have been using JAM editior for years to change trackside adverts to match those of the correct years. As I am not very good using Track Editior I have never been able to re-asign an advert from one JAM to another selecting some parts of the track and not others.

For example ...

I am doing a 1994 version of silverstone. I have made the Renault Laguna advert that goes across the track on the bridge after the start / finish line and replaced the relevant JAM. However, the track I am working from uses the same JAM for the wallson the left and right of the track (Shell in the orginal case). What I need is for the circuit file to choose the Renault advert for the bridge but Foster's advert for the walls either side of the start finish straight, from a different JAM file.

Now I am too thick to ever get any good at complex tasks in track editor, but if this is an easy job I'd like to know how to do it.

Advise most welcome!

Thanks!

Elio

PS: Can anyone remember what year Magny-cours had Naomi Campbell adverts all around (in beige and white I think)
Re: Trackside adverts
Date: April 13, 2009 06:41PM
Posted by: wvdriel
That would be france 2000
Date: April 21, 2009 07:38PM
Posted by: savinaclaudio
Hi Elio.
The only way to do what you need is using the Track Editor:
- open the track
- find the command that place the object/advert/bridge... on the track, and re-assign the texture you need by changing the jam ID.
It could seem very difficoult, but it is not, for at least two reason:
1. there's a very detailed Guide to the Track Editor made by Roberto Scandura, available on his site: it is only a matter of pratice (graphic update, objects placing, kerbs placing, fence and fence extension placing is really easy; track layout and CC-line is a bit more difficoult);
2. i did it: and if i did it, everyone can do it, believe me!
There's no other way.
But be happy, 'cause i started from zero and now i learnt how to manage a track quite well and modify it as i like, just reading Roberto's Guide and asking him and other guys on this forum a few tips. At the start it could seem difficoult, but it becomes easier and easier the more you practice: and, the most important, you'll be able to modify your tracks as you like and as you need, and this gives a lot of satisfaction.
Let me know.
Claudio.
Date: April 21, 2009 10:13PM
Posted by: elio
thanks claudio - i'll have a go and let you know!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy