Player's performance

Posted by smallyseba 
Player's performance
Date: March 31, 2009 02:05PM
Posted by: smallyseba
Hello everybody,

I'm very busy editing my Grand Prix 3 (v. 1.13) to 2009 season. I have taken drafi's update which works very well, but I have a question to you all:
To reach more realistic laptimes, I have raised the grip/performance values (normally around 16.000 for each driver) to 18.000-19.000. Like this, the computer cars have "real" laptimes (like 1:26 minutes in Melbourne e.g.). But when I choose to drive myself, it feels as if my own car still has "only" 16.000. All the computer cars can overtake me easily in the corners.
I have already seat the option "car power team dependant" in GP Edit. So what can I do now so that my own car has the same grip value as the edited computer drivers/cars?

thanks for your answers!
sebastian
Re: Player's performance
Date: March 31, 2009 04:58PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
could be that the human performance is custom to 16384. if you use values so high maybe you should try the Belini grip Patch for gp3 1.13. It remove this limitation and you'll drive with any value assigned in gp3edit

-------------------------------
Date: March 31, 2009 07:48PM
Posted by: Jackal
Yes, that's the only way to do it - otherwise you'll still be at 16384. On another note, to reach more realistic laptimes, I don't set the driver grip so high, but play around with the magic data until I get the performance I want.
Date: March 31, 2009 10:50PM
Posted by: savinaclaudio
I agree. The best way to get real lap times is to work with the MD file.
Tha default palyer's grip is 16384: the only way to change it is the Belini Grip patch, that allows you to use the value of the driver you choose. For what i know at the moment, that value is not simply the performance of the CC driver, but a sort of mix between the driver and the car performance (except the engine power (bhp in Gp3edit), the reliability and the ability range that are set in different boxes).
But the MD file is the best way to have good lap time. The main value you have to set are:
- cc grip factor (the grip)
- cc power factor (the engine power)
- track grip
- air resistance (better: air efficency)
- ride hight
- cc setup (gears and wings)
- timing factor (very important)
- timing factor fine tune (very important too)
Roberto Scandura has made a very good Tutorial for the MD, you can download it from his site.
Working only with Gp3edit is limiting and the result could be: races very easy to win, and races quite impossible not to be lapped, expecially if the MD is not very well set (and others little problems such as CC crashing enterin/leaving the pits, not reaching the right top speed, running out of fuel in the last lap of a race, having a bed pitstop strategy, or a bed tyre consumption for you...).
Hope this can help you.
Bye, Claudio.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy