2006 bmw steering (looking-like) available

Posted by R_Scandura 
2006 bmw steering (looking-like) available
Date: March 02, 2009 11:37PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
guys, do you know if/how is possible to change the position of the written in the LCD screen (fuel, tyres, setup etc etc...) using the Diamien Legros cockpit editor or other? I'm trying to work on a steering wheel and need to shift it a little
tnx!

-------------------------------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2009 05:46PM by R_Scandura.
Re: Help with the Legros cockpit editor
Date: March 03, 2009 12:09AM
Posted by: ErickVonDraxeler
Well, I had a .3d file which made appear only critical messages (LOW FUEL, ENGINE FAILURE, etc...), it would be useful... Unfortunately, I'm not able to use my PC and I don't know when I will get a new "chariot"...

I found the file in a Ferrari cockpit somewhere in old downloads section...

GPGSL-3: Fox race driver and team manager - 2011-2012 Constructor Champion - 2012 Driver Champion

Season 9 - #18 Erick Von Draxeler - #35 Marcus Bongardt
Date: March 03, 2009 02:14AM
found the cockpit. the .3d file is a custon file of Gp3. It seems to edit the written on screen but haven't understood where to touch to move the x-y position of the LCD area.

this is what i got with some preliminar work. the black stripe is where the lnd actually is and i would put it in the middle of the bmw logo where iìd put a small lcd in case

-pic outdated-

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2009 05:46PM by R_Scandura.
Date: March 03, 2009 08:16AM
Posted by: drafi5
Nice steering wheel, Roberto, where can I get it ?

Happy racing from Germany !!!

Date: March 03, 2009 01:38PM
it's the one I'm building, should be bmw2006

Date: March 05, 2009 05:45PM
ok i uploaded in my site a working version if you are interested. It's avaiolable with and without hands

Still a starting version. For now it works correctly with the italian and english languages only. Need to learn more about. Only 2 small issues so far: in the tyre selection the available tyres are not fully in the correct position and in race the gap ahead/behind too but i never cared it as i use the TV overlay.

hope you like it :)

Re: 2006 bmw steering (looking-like) available
Date: March 05, 2009 11:57PM
Posted by: Guimengo
What are the max possible resolution for textures in GP3?
Date: March 06, 2009 08:10AM
Posted by: Briere
256 px wide and whatever-power-of-two you want (as long as your gfx card handles it) high. I guess !
Date: March 06, 2009 04:26PM
Posted by: Guimengo
I was just wondering if it would be possible to make it all look like pretty pictures and replace GP4 :P
Date: March 06, 2009 05:38PM
Posted by: savinaclaudio
R_Scandura Wrote:
> hope you like it

Let me think a bit...yes, i like it! ;-)
Date: March 14, 2009 05:42PM
if you are interested i made a beta experiment to have a partially animated steering wheel. the base is a toro rosso wheel or so it says google. switching the driving helps the switches will change positions. ah well it's a crap ;)

there is only a small issue. the selected string in the display appears darker than it should. if anyone has any idea let me know!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2009 05:43PM by R_Scandura.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy