Bringing GP3 Up-To-Date

Posted by Guimengo 
Bringing GP3 Up-To-Date
Date: March 08, 2009 06:24AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Hey fellas, I reinstalled GP3 for good today and REALLY need your help to bring it back up to standards! I don't have the 2k addon, I bought GP3 in Brazil back in 2002 and the add-on was too expensive for me, so I know I can't have access to Belini tracks :(.

Anyway, I know I need GP3 1.13 edit to edit images and performances, and I am looking only for F1 stuff (maybe from 1988 to now) but also for improvements in general to the game. It would be very nice if I could make the game look better texture-wise.

I have a Vista laptop, dual core (2.8GHz total), 256mb Nvidia 8600 GT, 3 gigs of ram. I get purple lines if I run the game with my card selected but they're gone if I run on software mode.

Thank you very much, I rather play GP3 than GP4 to be honest, I regret to this day having bought GP4...
Re: Bringing GP3 Up-To-Date
Date: March 08, 2009 11:53AM
Posted by: harjinator
well you can get through the pink line bug by opening the tyre textures (in paint-export them from GP3 Edit) and painting the pink bits black (dark grey might work better)

In terms of addons, other than adding cars and tracks (which i'm sure you probably know) there isn't much else you can do to it... and some Belini tracks have been converted for GP3 1.13, (there'll be a list somewhere). I don't think the absolute latest tracks (singapore and Valencia) are about, but i may be mistaken...

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: March 08, 2009 01:19PM
Posted by: Santiago [URU]
There are Roberto Scandura versions for GP3 1.13 of Singapore and Valencia.
Date: March 08, 2009 02:29PM
Posted by: harjinator
i stand corrected then :p

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: March 09, 2009 02:32AM
Thanks, and thanks for the PM I received from an user (Y). I know about the texture part in GP3 1.13 Edit, I don't know about carshapes, tracks or other things, I only dealt with those in GP4 :P. To be honest I am not interested in anything past 2002, I am actually more interested in 1988-2000 :).
Date: March 09, 2009 02:46AM
Posted by: Briere
[emac.sportplanet.gamespy.com]

EmacF1.com is still #1 in my book. If you want sound updates as well, go to [www.gprix2.com] (yes the url says GP2, but you'll understand ;-)) And get Cleverson dos Santos Assis's sound updates. I recommend the 2002 Mercedes (DC version which I'm currently using is not available over there :() or 2001 Ferrari. Available in both 16,600 RPM and 18,000 RPM versions :)

Don,t forget to check on Emac's site for the 1998 carshape, which is absolutely great :D
Date: March 10, 2009 12:40AM
Ok, after reading all the issues of GP3-2000 + Vista I've put off my hopes of having the 2000 update :(. With that in mind I'm determined to get a bunch of track updates for the 1.13 version (Scandura's works and more) as well as past seasons :). There used to be an user called ArexonsF1 here, from Brazil, but last time I talked to him was 5 years ago and he pointed me to a 2003 megapatch he worked on.

Sorry for the hassle but I think that if we can get all of the updates and add-ons in one thread it may help people in the future in the same position as I am!
Date: March 10, 2009 06:20AM
Yeh, Rafael [Pereira] had me involved in his mod, but can't find it anywhere :( There was an awesome wheel with gloves, and I used to have it in my wad... err I mean, in my "Main" folder ;)

Anyone here knows where I can find the 2003 Megapatch by ArexonsF1 ?

Rafael ! Come here !!!!!! :';(

:/Edit
On Fecebook, "Rafael Pereira" has over 500 results ! :o

Link to original thread :
[www.grandprixgames.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2009 06:48AM by Briere.
Date: March 10, 2009 08:44PM
Posted by: Ajayrious
I still have Rafael on MSN. I'll leave him an offliner pointing him here :)
Date: March 11, 2009 06:25AM
I think I still do yeh. Will check my list ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy