Tracks of the 1950s

Posted by abdelkader 
Tracks of the 1950s
Date: December 19, 2008 11:39PM
Posted by: abdelkader
Hi!
I have just finished the 1994 F-1 season, about which you could read in another thread. After that I was willing to simulate the 1969 season but I changed my mind, credits to you Roberto, and decided to re-enact the 1955 season. I got the carset, the carshape. What I lack are the tracks. I have only some of them.

And here arises my request: Does any of you have these tracks? :
- Oscar Galvez,
- Spa,
- Zandvoort.

Of course, all of them with their mid 50s layouts.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2008 10:19PM by abdelkader.
Re: Tracks of the 1950s
Date: December 20, 2008 01:08AM
Posted by: Brett Sinclair
Hi, you can find some Fifty's tracks on this downloadsite, good luck.

[www.freewebs.com]

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
Date: December 20, 2008 01:27AM
OK. Thanks for the link. I've downloaded Aintree '62 and Monza '50. What about the rest of the tracks?

Date: December 20, 2008 02:24AM
Hi,found two more links with old tracks!!!

[www.waa63.ch]
[home.wanadoo.nl]

This forum also has a SEARCH button, try it, good luck.

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
Date: December 20, 2008 11:03AM
Posted by: R_Scandura
About Monaco i used a 1929 version found there but i had to re shape the ccline, if you are interested.
About indianapolis i think the indy 500 should go but dunno about the historic one, was it already with tarmac or still paved as the brickyard? Edit: mmm from youtube is with tarmac. cool an oval with no walls o_O

no chances for spa i think but i'll replace for 1950 with one of the races not valid for the F1 that season

-------------------------------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2008 11:45AM by R_Scandura.
Date: December 20, 2008 12:17PM
Yes, Roberto. I'm interested in Monaco '29. My e-mail address is in my profile...by the way, send me your physics file as I don't have any.

edit: I have just got Indianapolis 500

@Marcus. Thanks for the links. I suppose I visited those sites long time ago. It's good to re-visit them after such long period of time...pity that there are no tracks I need :/

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2008 12:42PM by abdelkader.
Date: December 20, 2008 01:57PM
No Problem...your welcome!!!

Date: December 21, 2008 02:20AM
@ abdelkader

[rapidshare.com]

check this and see if it does anything for you. It contains:
-Silverstone 1950 + md
-Monaco 1929 with new ccline and sort of pitlane fix
-performance for silverstone 1950
-physics for the Alfa Romeo 158 (sort of...)

the physic is based on all the info i got about that car 320bph, 8500rpm, 42/58 weigth partition, 700kg weight, 250km/h +/- high speed, 4 gears
as those cars had no wings i went to set aerodynamics on 5/5 rear/front
also i seem to have read that the Alfa had a sort of structure (put some english technical terms here) to eliminate the rolling so i've set to zero the ARBs. the only issue is a very sloooooow start but after some meters i had lot of fun tryng to stay on track. The too low power maybe conflicts with the F2 help for human, so i had to shift manually. :S

btw the track i used as base should the starchild one i guess. i did a new ccline and changed the long pits with a short looking-like park area in the main straight. The rael race had no walls at all between pits and track :S

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2008 12:35PM by R_Scandura.
Date: December 21, 2008 10:52AM
Thank you ,Roberto. I have downloaded it and I will check it later on.

edit: I have just checked it and that's what I wanted. :) Thanks again.

You are right, I also have to shift manually using your physics file. The problem is that I play with a joypad and when I push throttle, none of the other buttons responds so I can't shift up or down smoothly. I always have to release throttle first :/

The Monaco of yours is great. I am not going to use your Silverstone for the time being as in 1955 the British GP took place in Aintree.

One more thing. The carshapes of the cars of the 1950s had no wings. Due to this fact, when there is a shunt on the track the game CTDs. I know that it's because the graphic card wants to display the wings coming off and falling into pieces...while there are no wings and the card is confused which results in a CTD. I had the same problem when simulating the 1960s and using the carshape with no wings.

Do you ,or someone else, have created a carshape which would bypass this issue? Maybe a carshape with tiny, hardly visible wings would do the job? You know what I mean, just to deceive the graphic card

I hope you understand this bubbling ;)

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2008 03:15PM by abdelkader.
Date: December 22, 2008 06:04AM
Posted by: Racer#73
R_Scandura Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> About indianapolis i think the indy 500 should go
> but dunno about the historic one, was it already
> with tarmac or still paved as the brickyard? Edit:
> mmm from youtube is with tarmac. cool an oval with
> no walls o_O

Only the main straight was paved with bricks in the 1950's, the rest of the track was paved with tarmac. The track became all paved in tarmac in 1961.

Cheers
Date: December 22, 2008 11:18AM
thanks Racer#73, this should mean a different grip in the main stratight or an higher bumping for the bricks i suppose, maybe not importants touches after all

@ abdelkader
dunno about joypad, with keys i simply press the spacebar and it shift up/down.
gp3 seems not coded to support 300 bph at 8500rpm, at least looks a realistic behaviour to release the accelerator to shift ;)
anyway it was for 1950. in 1955 values should be higher. Only in 1951 Alfa got 450bph with the 159car so with '55 specs hopefully the F2 help will work again. i'll have a look about it and tell ;-)

but never got CTD with crashes on track. i've seen cars fly away but no problems... :S

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2008 11:29AM by R_Scandura.
Date: December 22, 2008 03:30PM
R_Scandura Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> @ abdelkader
> gp3 seems not coded to support 300 bph at 8500rpm,
> at least looks a realistic behaviour to release
> the accelerator to shift ;)

Good point. You're right. I started to think about it the same way last night. There was a strange thing connected with it which happened to me. When driving at Monaco I released throttle to shift up and all I heard was just as if you pushed throttle pedal with clutch to the metal - no gear shifting, only high rev engine noise .

> anyway it was for 1950. in 1955 values should be
> higher. Only in 1951 Alfa got 450bph with the
> 159car so with '55 specs hopefully the F2 help
> will work again. i'll have a look about it and
> tell ;-)

OK. In my 1955 carset, only Mercedes-Benz has 480 BHP while the rest of the cars have 470.
Anyway, I noticed that with the default physics I can overtake all the rivals hands down. The higher the BHP, the less visible the contrast between faster and slower cars is and the more difficult it is to overtake

Please do have a look. Maybe it is the carset which needs readjustment of BHP.

> but never got CTD with crashes on track. i've seen
> cars fly away but no problems... :S

You knwo what. I seem to have solved it already. Before, I used a carshape with no exhaust pipe on the right side. Now I'm using a Ferrari 1955 carshape, with the pipe, and no CTD has occured ever since...even after I caused really massive shunts only to check whether it would CTD or not. Once, my Stirling Moss' figure was hit so hard that I lost all the 4 wheels and it didn't CTD.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2008 03:34PM by abdelkader.
Date: December 22, 2008 04:41PM
One more thing. Has anyone attempted to make the old type tyres? I mean those which go along with every single carshape I downloaded are of the modern size. It's a bit unrealistic when I see an old car of the 1950s with modern-like, wide tyres. We all know that the tyres back then were narrow.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2008 04:41PM by abdelkader.
Date: December 22, 2008 08:44PM
i seem to have heard tha tyre shape can't be edited. look weiord indee with those big wheels.
i tried some physics, 1955 is even worse i fear. the daimler benz is heavy with 835kg, 290bph and 5800rpm maybe i can tweak a little more the ferrari 625

Date: December 22, 2008 09:36PM
That really doesn't sound promising. I wish you good luck with it.

The wheels can't be edited? What a shame. That's strange, especially when you look at Car Editor's options. You can import/export steering wheel,helmet,cockpit and tyres. It implies that they can be edited...although I have never seen any custom made wheels myself so you may be right :/.

<edit>: You ARE right. Checked it myself trying to adjust some wheels' verticies and it doesn't work. However it is possible to save a file with ".ty3" extension. Importing/exporting wheels IS possible but this option makes no sense while one is unable to edit them.

Maybe a word with Paul Hoad would clear it up.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2008 09:50PM by abdelkader.
Date: December 23, 2008 08:33PM
Posted by: bigears
Roberto: Could you reupload the Rapidshare file please?

Or perhaps you could put it into your website?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did your birth certificate come with an apology letter from Durex?
Date: December 23, 2008 11:01PM
ok i uploaded it in my site in the beta area: track/perf/md/physic for the 50s silverstone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2008 11:02PM by R_Scandura.
Date: December 23, 2008 11:20PM
Superb, thank you very much.

I am sorry but I should have made it clear earlier, what about the 1929 Monaco with the ccline and pits fix?

Date: December 23, 2008 11:27PM
oh right, i forgot it included montecrlo too. take it from here

[rapidshare.com]

Date: December 23, 2008 11:30PM
Thank you, I got it now.

Anyway, you got a private message. :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy