Some realism question

Posted by Racer#73 
Some realism question
Date: November 08, 2008 02:45AM
Posted by: Racer#73
I guys!

I have this question regarding realism in GP3 (2k at least).

It always bugged me, but now even more, that when the cc cars have a puncture they quickly retire without even make it to the pits, and when they have an electrical, throttle or brake problem they manage to get to the pits, and ten seconds after they rejoin the race like if it was a routine pit stop.

Howcome a puncture is a more terminal failure than an electrical, brake, or throttle problem?

Is there a way to revert this?

BTW, is there also a way to make the cars go totally out of control when the suspension snaps in the middle of a fast section?

Cheers.
Re: Some realism question
Date: November 08, 2008 03:23PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
not a single failure is realistic. if the engine/transmission/oil blows, the cc cars do 1 or 2 laps screwing all over the other cars. if you get a sudden puncture you can drive in control at high speed, same for loosing wheel and suspension. you can recover in pits losing only 4 seconds in laptime while cc cars retire few meters laters parking the cars as they got bored to race. but if electical or brakes fail they quickly pit and go... funnily if you minimally damage the wings, the pitstop will cost 20 seconds to change the nose... oh dear, Geoff! :s

-------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2008 03:25PM by R_Scandura.
Date: November 08, 2008 04:30PM
Posted by: Jackal
Well the extra-long wing repair stops were not originally in GP 3, they come with GPxPatch if I'm not mistaken.
Date: November 08, 2008 07:32PM
really? that sounds nice, means something can be tweaked there. but would be good to see a longer pit in other failures too.
it's strange how failures don't match their consequences but are mixed. blowing an engine the driver usually leave the track asap and with a puncture nobody stop the car asap while in the game happens the opposite...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2008 07:33PM by R_Scandura.
Date: November 09, 2008 11:08AM
Posted by: savinaclaudio
Hi guys. I totally agree with Roberto, as Gp3 1.13 works in the same way.
The failures are not so realistic, nor for the CC, nor for humans.
But, after all, Gp3 is a game.
For what i have experienced, at the moment Gp3 is for sure the best "driving simulator" i played.
Bye.
Date: November 09, 2008 01:34PM
No seems I was wrong there... had a look through all the version changes files of GPxPatch but couldn't find that. Still believe that in original GP3, the pit stop for a broken wing was just as long as for any other failure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2008 02:13PM by Jackal.
Date: November 09, 2008 11:02PM
Posted by: degas
The pitstop to change wings becomes more time expensive if you uses the Patch that was launched some months after the GP3 1.13.
Date: November 09, 2008 11:04PM
Thanks for clearing that one up Degas.
Date: November 10, 2008 12:05PM
Posted by: savinaclaudio
Yes, the official gp3 patch was released just to improve a few features, including the physic file.
Bye.
Date: November 10, 2008 03:10PM
some things also can be tweaked from the hex editor, in example the qually sessoin lenght. would be cool to change also the number of laps x attempt that the cars do in qually. i tried to have a look inside but didnt understood much :(

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy