MD for brazilian tracks

Posted by ro4die 
MD for brazilian tracks
Date: July 16, 2008 12:54AM
Posted by: ro4die
Somebody has the MD files for these brasilian tracks? (Londrina, Guaporé, Curitba oval, Fortaleza and Rio de Janeiro)
or somebody may teache me how to make good MD files for these tracks?
Since already thanks a lot to all!
Re: MD for brazilian tracks
Date: July 16, 2008 12:55PM
Posted by: savinaclaudio
Hi guy.
My advice is: on Roberto Scandura's site there's a very useful guide to the MD file. You can dowload it, study it, understand how the MD works, and then you can do your custom MD file.
Believe me, it's easier to do it than to say it.
Let me know.
Claudio
Date: July 16, 2008 04:47PM
Hi Claudio, believe in me, i'm study this guide...
1º what the best program for create MD file?
2º where i find the grip value for these tracks?
3º i don't anderstand nothing about the cars!
anyways, thanks for all...
Date: July 16, 2008 06:43PM
Well, good questions. Let's try to answer them.
1° the best program is Notepad (yes, you have understood well): open an existing MD (maybe an original one) and simply modify it as you like, using Roberto's guide;
2° nowhere exactly: i mean you must search informations about the track (using the web, youtube or this forum, for example) and try.
Let's do an example: i like Rio Oval track very much. So i have searched for infos, and discovered that is a very bumpy track, with low grip: i manage the MD to set the correct values. About track grip, there are different ideas: my personal one is to set the grip from 16000 to 16800 (about) 'cause i use a forcefeedback wheel without traction control help (under 16000 is quite impossible to drive the car without spinning everywhere). About bump table, well, try changing the values and then have a lap on the track to feel what's happened (i like to set the city tracks, as Long Beach, quite bumpy, then driving becomes a real challenge; keep in mind that the original tracks are set to very low bumping).
3° the best question: i think that if you want to play gp3 at its maximum, you should play it with a forcefeedback wheel, without any help (traction control, brake, steering...). Then you must know something about a race car setup, at least: setting the wings, the gear ratio, the springs, the antiroll bars (yes, ok, these are the setting in the game, at level 2: it's not by chance).
The game itself helps you, as when you open the car setup menu and point with the mouse a setting, you get a help-window that explain to you the essential working of that part of the car. But, as always, the best is to test, then test and finally test.
Hope this can help you. Anyway, let me know.
Bye.
Date: July 16, 2008 07:23PM
hi Claudio, Thank you very much, your explanation was the best one that I already had to this respect, anyways I decided my problem only modifying existing MD already, Because when I tried to create one of the beginning, the car was jumping... i go to study a litle more about this... and test... thanks for your help...
Date: July 18, 2008 09:14PM
Hi dudes, i'm very, very happy... i make a track just the begining... and work! work without debug mode... the layout is mor or less and the rest is very poor but, work... and i'm very happy! Thanks for all... Obrigado a todos!
Date: July 19, 2008 10:58AM
Great news!
Date: September 06, 2008 01:48AM
savinaclaudio do you know how to edit objects and scenery?
The Roberto Scandura's tutorial not is much specific about this.
Date: September 08, 2008 01:07PM
Well, i'm not so good in editing objects and scenery.
I have learnt something about it, starting from Roberto Scandura very good tutorial (Roberto, you must pay a coffee to me ;-) ) and testing, testing and finally testing: so i learnt how to move and copy objects, or modify graphics elements.
Time ago, i asked Roberto about editing, and he answered me it was a matter of testing: and he was true. The tutorial is a beginnig guide, just to start understanding the way Gp3 works, but then you have to try by yourself.
I say this not 'cause i don't want to help you, but 'cause this is the truth: the only way to learn easily and quickly shoul be making practice with someone expert (i mean the best way is to have Roberto Scandura, Paul Edmonds, Ernan Viglione... side by side and watch them all working...).
But, and this is the positive side, learning is not so difficoult: many commands is repeated and when you learn how to use a command you can apply it to every objects you want.
Therefore, on Roberto's site there are more then one guide, there are specific guide to specific issue (one of course is about objects editing).
Anyway, if you can say what you want to modify with more details, i can try to help you.
Let me know.
Date: September 08, 2008 02:00PM
Good, good... anyway thank you very much.
i hope you don't understand me badly, the Scandura's tutorial is very good but, my specific problem is... how to make or modify object, like a bridge for example, insert in the track I know but, I don't know as he redesigns it by my way... another problem is how to draw the track banks to get realistics forms, not rectangular, and how to make scenery between fences and horizon? these are my doubts now... iff you can help me i will be gratfull but since already thanks a lot... you have been of great aid, i hope to be able to repay one day, thank you very much!
Date: September 09, 2008 06:16PM
Don't worry Ro4die, about Roberto Scandura i was joking (btw, Roberto where are you? still in holiday eh?).
Then, if your issue is to create objects/scenery/track, i am not able to help you: i am just able to modify existent ones, i am just starting as you trying to create (of course, modify is easier to create, this is why i consider he who create a hero).
Bye.
Date: September 09, 2008 07:03PM
so... thanks for all
Date: September 26, 2008 03:13PM
Claudio, i had work in some convertions of gp2 tracks to gp3, and i need to know if does exists a way to modify a CC line without remake of the begining, only modify some segments? if exist, do you know how?
Date: September 26, 2008 05:58PM
For what i know, you can modify an existing CC-line.
Roberto Scandura's guide is still the best reference, you should aks him about this issue.
Good luck.
Date: September 26, 2008 06:37PM
ohhh, thanks brother, but Roberto is very dificult to find... i will try to learn this lonely.
Ps.: your atualization of Motegi is very good!
Date: September 27, 2008 01:55PM
Roberto is so busy ;-)
But his guide is very useful, and you can surely learn a lot from it and from testing, as always.
I tried, but i had no much success: anyway, you can start changing a bit a sector cc-line, and look at what happens in the game.
The advice is: don't try to change the cc-line by the graphic tool in Track Editor, but opening the sector from the cc-line data tree, and changing the values.
Remember, what you see in Track Editor, not always is what you will see in the game.
It is very important to have new track creators, so again good luck.
Date: September 27, 2008 03:22PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
guys i'm here, if you dont put questions i cant put answers ;)

-------------------------------
Date: September 27, 2008 03:39PM
Hi Roberto, i wanna a know if exists a way to modify a cc line only in one sector, without remade all cc?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2008 03:55PM by ro4die.
Date: September 27, 2008 04:11PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
nop, unfortunately ccline is a continous line that depends from previous sectors. if you change a sector everything after it will move too.

-------------------------------
Date: September 27, 2008 05:18PM
so... thanks, i already it imagined that this happened!
One more question, how it functions accurately the scenery mechanisms, Which the first commands to insert? And have as to redesign objects?
I know that they are many questions but only necessary to know this to complete my first track.
thanks a lot for you and thanks to Claudio too!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy