Gpxpatch Vs GP3Edit problem?

Posted by beularnum8 
Gpxpatch Vs GP3Edit problem?
Date: April 19, 2008 07:46PM
Posted by: beularnum8
Hi People.

I'm hoping people can help me with a problem i've stumbled across while editing Gp3.
Before i started created a custom season i tested out all the editors/patches in place....so far GpxPatch and GP3, perhaps the two most important tools i need..i've noticed that none of the changes i make such as driver names and custom car colours/liveries show up while starting the game through GPxPatch.

However the game is fully updated through the usual gp3.exe file without the gpxpatch running...which would suggest the gpx is ignoring the new updates and thats the problem...but while in gpxpatch mode the driver performanace is updated, so its taking those changes into account, but not the others?

I know it may be simple, but i've spent all night and most of yesterday trying to figure out what to do..including installing/unintalling, searching forums, downloading different versions of GPxpatch..but it ends up the same everytime.

So..can anyone share any light on this?

*it maybe that i've found it impossible to decrypt the gp3 on my system...nothing works at all..so i was forced to download a pre-decypted exe instead....maybe the problem lies here?
Re: Gpxpatch Vs GP3Edit problem?
Date: April 19, 2008 11:58PM
Posted by: mortal
Have you exported all your changes with GP3Edit? Export changes, exit GP3Edit, restart, import, view your changes.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: April 20, 2008 04:59AM
Posted by: drafi5
If you have no decrypted gp3.exe all editors and GPxPatch will NOT work,
GP 3 full installation, patch 1.13, decryted noCD.exe, GPxPatch 3.92,
GP3Edit MUST be on your PC.
Please READ the FAQ and Installation Guide carefully !

Happy racing from Germany !!!

Date: April 20, 2008 06:35AM
I'll try to explain a little better...
Installed are:

Grand Prix 3
Grand Prix 3 1.13 Patch
Pre Decrypted Gp3.exe
GP3 Editor
Gpx Patch 392

I believe this is all the files/mods that i need and which should work together.
Now, the problem isn't editing as such...as i can happily edit away and click on the 'start gp3' icon within GP3edit itself...and everything is how i want it and all changes have been made, so its all cool thus far.

The problem is when you come to start the game on GPXpatch...it reverts back to the default cars/drivers which come with the game...however the performanace settings are the same as what the editor has, so GP3edit has managed to change the performance aspects but not the bmp of cars or driver names..may be something in the set up of gpxpatch?

So basically all my changes are made untill i want gpxpatch working , and its in the same directory, so i have no clue what to try next

Hopefully thats a little clearer..thanks for the replies...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2008 06:36AM by beularnum8.
Date: April 20, 2008 07:26AM
Posted by: mcdo
Make sure that whatever settings, liveries etc have been exported from GP3Edit are also reflected in GPxPatch.
Date: April 20, 2008 07:31AM
This is actually the problem itself.

How can i make the changes stick on GPXPatch.....i'm exporting the data to the game, but when you play the game..its not happened.

The Normal .exe of the game will show the changes..but not when you run the GPXpatch. Its like the gpxpatch is ignoring the changes i make.

Afterwards, When you import the data from the game onto GP3Edit, the changes will be shown as how i'd like them...but there just not showing up.
Date: April 20, 2008 02:57PM
Posted by: badger27
This sounds real weird...

I'm sorry if I cover some things that have been done already, but just working through this logically here.

-Check the Gpx executable on the GPxPatch tab

-Make sure there isn't a season set in the GPxSet tab

These seem to me like the only things that would change the liveries and so on from GP3.exe to GpxPatch. All else really should be the same.

I use all the things you do except my version of GPxPatch is 3.91, so all I can see the problem being is GPxPatch itself, and everything else is pretty cool. If all else fails, I would try giving that a go.

Williams' Wonders: Jones, K.Rosberg, Piquet, Mansell, Prost, Senna, Hill, Villeneuve, .....?
Date: April 24, 2008 11:23AM
GP3 and GP32K will use whatever settings are set in GpxPatch if you start the game from it, so to quote something Belini said a while back, "get down and dirty" with the text files and make sure any other changes, jam files, qually settings and the rest are set in GpxPatch. GP3Edit is very useful for setting up performance files which you would be best to 'save as' in the GPxData folder and then load using GPxPatch. Then when you start the game from GpXPatch, your changes should be reflected.

Note the performance file needs to be set twice in GPxPatch, once in the GPSet tab and then click on the Edit button to get the 'Season' tab, and again on the next Edit button you see to get the 'Car Set' tab and load the performance file again.

In other words, if you export changes using GP3Edit and then start the game from GpxPatch without those changes, you'll be back at square 1. Tell me if this doesn't make sense!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2008 11:28AM by mcdo.
Date: April 24, 2008 02:34PM
Posted by: Brianf666
Quick way to check what MCDO said is by removing the performance file from GPxPatch and seeing if it picks up the revisions okay then. That's how I use these two excellent tools all the time as it seems to me to be duplicating the work to export GP3Edit data into the game and then copying it to a performance file so GPxPatch can use the same data that you've already put in the game.

Nico bites yer tyres!
Date: April 24, 2008 04:06PM
thanks for your help guys.

Its all made sense what you've all replied with, but i'm struggling with it all still.

My Gpxdata file is in the GP3 directory....and i can;t find anything which would resemble a car-set, i don't understand what i need to be looking for.

When starting the GPXPatch, the 'edit' button next to season is blanked out..does this suggest that this patch has one with it, and cannot be edited? I downloaded a older version..and the edit button is again blanked out..so i can;t even try that :(
Date: April 24, 2008 09:43PM
Is the 'Season' toggle box ticked on the left hand side of the GPSet tab? Unticking it removes the option to press Edit. And when you say car-set, do you mean a .set file?

By default there is a Season.set file in the GPxData folder, but if you select it will change many the other settings in GPxPatch to reflect whatevers in that file. If you make all of your other changes and then start GpXPatch, the Season.set file will be updated, hence you should make a backup copy. Read through the help files that come with GpXPatch. You'll get there!
Date: April 24, 2008 09:53PM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
GPxPatch only supports carsets for GP3 2000 and GP4, not GP3 1.13. No need to concern yourself with that one.

All I can think is that GP3Edit and GPxPatch are pointing to different gp3.exe files.

Are you exporting software or harware jams from GP3Edit?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: April 26, 2008 01:25PM
Posted by: gap
Hi beularnum8,
maybe a silly question: are you sure that gpxpatch is pointing to the same copy of the executable you've been editing?

EDIT: ooops... sorry: I didn't see the previous post by St. Hubbins.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2008 01:28PM by gap.
Date: May 12, 2008 10:10PM
gap Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi beularnum8,
> maybe a silly question: are you sure that gpxpatch
> is pointing to the same copy of the executable
> you've been editing?
>
> EDIT: ooops... sorry: I didn't see the previous
> post by St. Hubbins.

As far as i know. How exactly do you find out and how do you change it? it does say gpe.exe but you actually cannot change this at all.

Another strange thing is deleting files from the patch, and making the menu bars lose its pictures and what not, ndownloading and installing the patch again...and these changes stay the same?? Once upon time this stuff used to be easy.... :)
Date: May 12, 2008 11:30PM
just thought of something else...

Does the gpxpatch.exe have to be encrypted aswell? if so, how on earth do you do it? or where to find it....
Date: October 12, 2008 04:12PM
If i may, i'd like to bring this back to your attention and hopefully somebody who missed this could help....hopefully with explaining it better....

1. Installed Grand Prix 3 . Yes, game works ok.

2. Installed 1.13 Patch and no cd/decypted gp3.exe, everything works fine still

3. Grand Prix 3 Edit works fine, all changes made come through ok.

4. When using GPXpatch, everything reverts back to the orginal database/car sets etc. How come? I know you guys have said that the patch could be pointing to a different exe? but how? and where could it be?

Its just annoying me that something trivial is getting in the way and i can't work it out..thanks :|
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy