Hermanos Rodriguez circuit (bumps on the racetrack)

Posted by abdelkader 
Hermanos Rodriguez circuit (bumps on the racetrack)
Date: September 15, 2008 03:41PM
Posted by: abdelkader
Hi.

I have a small question. I have Mexico City - Hermanos Rodriguez circuit for GP3. At the final right bend, just in front of the start/finish line there is a tiny bump which makes me swerve off the track. I noticed such bumps in other sections of the track as well.

Do these bumps reflect the real-life Hermanos Rodriguez circuit? If not, please send me an updated version of the track. I'm trying to re-create the 1991 F-1 season and the Mexico City circuit that I have is really annoying

Re: Hermanos Rodriguez circuit (bumps on the racetrack)
Date: September 15, 2008 06:18PM
Posted by: Jacques26
Probably. The circuit was notoriously bumpy.
The track is quite bumpy, this is true, but i watched a few videos on YouTube and ther is not those bumps (really too high, quite impossible to stay in the correct line, very easy to fly out of the track).
I solved the problem via track editor changing to zero the value "high" in the right-top of the mask when you clic on a track sector of the track data menu (in sector 96 and 97; 66 and 67; 86 and 87).
Anyway, i have just sent to you my updated version.
Let me know.
Date: September 15, 2008 07:12PM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
Senna and Alliot both had massive crashes at that final corner having lost control on the bumps.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: September 15, 2008 07:43PM
savinaclaudio Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anyway, i have just sent to you my updated
> version.
> Let me know.

Thank you Claudio :) Luckily, I managed to grab a copy of 1991 F-1 trackpack, then converted the track from HW to SW (as I have to use GP3 in SW with my PC) and there are no bumps now.

Your track must have got stuck somewhere in the cyberspace as I did not receive any e-mail from you

St.Hubbins Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Senna and Alliot both had massive crashes at that
> final corner having lost control on the bumps.

Yeah. I saw it on YouTube and I must say that it was EXACTLY what happened to me while using the previous version of Hermanos Rodriguez circuit.

Good news.
About the bump, the problem is that the bump is too hard: i mean, human driver has a lot of problems in that sector with the bump, personally i hit the ground very hardly, and loose a lot of speed, quite impossible to stay close to the CC in that corner, and very difficoult to keep the correct driving line; CC have not any problem, so if you want to compete you have to delete (or reduce, if you want the track closer to real life) it.
Claudio
Date: September 16, 2008 11:14AM
Now I'm using the revised version of it and have no problems keeping the correct line. What I didn't like was the fact that my car is always set up to create a tendency to oversteering. Losing contact with the tarmac caused a lot of troubles to me...but it's a bygone. Now the issue is solved
Thanks again Claudio :)
Przemek

Date: September 16, 2008 07:24PM
Posted by: bigears
I love the track, it is so flowing and notoriously difficult to keep up especially with the bumps.

It proves of a challenge for me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did your birth certificate come with an apology letter from Durex?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy